Home
Help
Login
Register
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 24, 2022, 03:21:11 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.
Search:     Advanced search
275647 Posts in 27717 Topics by 4285 Members Latest Member: - Jason DAngelo Most online today: 86 - most online ever: 565 (October 17, 2020, 02:08:06 PM)
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Print
Author Topic: Paying for the Forge  (Read 11396 times)
Valamir

« Reply #30 on: March 21, 2003, 01:41:07 PM »

Things to note:
- A lot of people have contributed since this thread started, and for that, I thank all of them.

Than the purpose of the thread has been served.   If a few people who do have the money to spare have been reminded of something they probably had on their list of things to do and just hadn't gotten around to...and maybe a few more made personal commitments to adopt a month as Gordon has, fantastic.

This wasn't a policy proposal so much a call to action.  A reminder of how valuable this site is, and a reminder that someone has to pay for it.

Blake Hutchins

« Reply #31 on: March 21, 2003, 04:37:04 PM »

Bam.  Money co-located with mouth.

Thanks for all the work, Clinton.  Very much appreciated.

Best,

Blake
Brian Leybourne

« Reply #32 on: March 25, 2003, 01:02:21 PM »

I know this thread is pretty much spent, and my intention is not to re-energise it.

Can I just say though, that putting the "donate" button at the top is a very good idea. Hell, I've been here a year or so now (and about #13 in posts I think) and I never even knew that donations were an option, let alone that they would be useful (perhaps I assumed The Forge was funded from somewhere, but most likely it just never occurred to me to wonder about it). I probably went into the "About the Forge" option once or twice, but the donate bit is at the bottom and I guess I somehow missed it.

I would be completely against any kind of pressure for folk to donate (some simply can't afford to), but the button might lead some to donate who would have, but the thought never even crossed their minds.

I can't promise to donate a lot (I'm not that flush really, and whatever I do donate will be halved thanks to the poor exchange rate from $NZ to $US) but at least I now know that it's an option and I will do so shortly - The Forge is worth it. Making the option more "visible" will give other blinkered folk like myself the opportunity to show their support.

Brian.

Brian Leybourne
bleybourne@gmail.com

RPG Books: Of Beasts and Men, The Flower of Battle, The TROS Companion
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Print
Jump to: