Home
Help
Login
Register
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
August 15, 2022, 08:44:58 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.
Search:     Advanced search
275647 Posts in 27717 Topics by 4285 Members Latest Member: - Jason DAngelo Most online today: 87 - most online ever: 565 (October 17, 2020, 02:08:06 PM)
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Where to post--or is it off topic?  (Read 2379 times)
M. J. Young

« on: May 18, 2003, 04:14:57 PM »

I've got a bit of a problem, and I don't know whether anyone at the Forge can help at all. It seems that my latest work isn't getting reviews--the people who have reviewed previous efforts have not responded to e-mail asking if we can send them copies.

It is the more complicated, because the latest book isn't exactly a game book. It's a novel based on game concepts. It runs that delicate balance between being a good story (I hope) and being something that could have come out of game play (some of it did).

Anyway, I've been trying to find anyone interested in a review copy of the book who would read it and post a review pretty much anywhere (Hey, the New York Times Book Review would be great, but I'll be happy with RPGnet). I wanted to ask here, but I couldn't figure out which forum would be appropriate for such a thing.

Is the search for reviewers a valid topic for Publishing (a forum I don't frequent), or is the fact that this is only peripherally related to a game make it off topic?

Thanks for clarification.

--M. J. Young

Clinton R. Nixon

« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2003, 05:18:47 PM »

M.J.,

Connections is a good spot for something like that.

Clinton R. Nixon
CRN Games
Ron Edwards
Global Moderator

« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2003, 06:02:22 AM »

Hi M.J.,

I also suggest getting in touch with Dav Harnish, who's been successful with his Legends fiction line for Obsidian. He might be able to clear some communications to the right people.

Best,
Ron
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to: