Home
Help
Login
Register
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 07, 2022, 09:26:36 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.
Search:     Advanced search
275647 Posts in 27717 Topics by 4285 Members Latest Member: - Jason DAngelo Most online today: 83 - most online ever: 565 (October 17, 2020, 02:08:06 PM)
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Relationship Map Suggestions?  (Read 2655 times)
jeffd

« on: January 08, 2004, 10:41:27 AM »

Hey all,

I'm gearing up to run Sorcerer.  I need something to base a map off of.  I don't have much experience in the suggested genre (mystery) so I'd appreciate a few suggestions.  I've got about a month to come up with the map, so 3-4 books that I could read would be good.

Thanks,
JD
Ron Edwards
Global Moderator

« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2004, 11:00:37 AM »

Hi Jeff,

Beyond the references in The Sorcerer's Soul?

Best,
Ron
Mike Holmes
Acts of Evil Playtesters

« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2004, 01:15:23 PM »

Skip the reading - who's got time?

Instead use this handy internet thing to look up titles of plays, operas, or literature in the public domain (and even some that aren't), along with the word "synopsis" in the search. What you'll get is usually just enough to set up your map, IME.

Mike

Member of Indie Netgaming
-Get your indie game fix online.
6inTruder

« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2004, 02:13:32 PM »

... or however dude from Welcome Back Kotter'd say it ^_^

I've been wanting to reccomend a couple of books on this (though I'm not sure how good they'll be really, so if anyone else's read them speak up):
Gun With Occasional Music
and
Motherless Brooklyn

both by  Jonathan Lethem
Trevis Martin

« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2004, 03:13:07 PM »

For months now I've been reading Ross MacDonald's books as referenced in Sourcerers Soul.  They have been fantastic.  Most of them are available as reprints by Black Lizard press.  Though the first few I read were in a collection called 'Archer in Hollywood' which I found in the library.  My favorite so far has been 'The Galton Case'

regards,

Trevis
jeffd

« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2004, 12:39:26 PM »

Thanks for the replies.  I had entirely forgotten that Sorcerer's Soul had an extensive bibliography, proving (I think) that my brain does indeed have a limited storage capacity.

JD
Ron Edwards
Global Moderator

« Reply #6 on: January 09, 2004, 08:15:32 PM »

Phew! I was anticipating explaining relationship maps to someone who didn't own The Sorcerer's Soul, and figuring out a way to say, "Just buy it," without sounding utterly mercenary.

Any further questions, just ask!

Best,
Ron
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to: