News:

Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.

Main Menu

Frequency of sorcery action.

Started by sirogit, March 02, 2004, 10:33:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sirogit

Would you think that Sorcerer loses something if there isn't a consistant occurence of Sorcery? Like Containing, Contact&Summoning, Punishing, Banishing. Obviously, it denotes that players aren't being challenged too much, but is it a bad thing otherwise?

The game's focus is on human drama, but without using the specific methods in the book to frame and accenuate it, it seems like you're not using an awful lot of Sorcerer.

Ron Edwards

Hi Sirogit,

I think that the amount of ritual-activity varies widely from group to group, and also that the variety is a perfectly OK thing.

I tend to put a lot of pressure onto player-characters, as GM. Their demons are always up to something, the various NPCs are always highly invested in the player-characters' activities, and I'm almost always "deepening" the Kickers in terms of the back-story. It's very important to recognize that sorcerer characters are pretty much "plain old people" without their demons (exception: the Will roll to overcome penalties), and as such, their positions relative to all this pressure will be vastly improved with more demons, whether Bound or used for information through Contacts or Contained or whatever. Hence, the more pressure, the more rituals.

Best,
Ron