News:

Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.

Main Menu

My Life With Computer Redux: Paranoia XP and MLWM

Started by Rob MacDougall, March 03, 2004, 11:35:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rob MacDougall

Hi all. I remember someone posting here last year about the idea of a MLwM game set in the Alpha Complex of the Paranoia rpg.

I posted some thoughts on the newly announced Paranoia XP over at The 20' by 20' Room, expressing among other things my hope that the designers would check out some of the cutting edge games coming out of The Forge, and Allan Varney, head writer for the new edition, made this reply:
QuoteI'm taking MY LIFE WITH MASTER as one of my principal inspirations for the new rules.
He also said:
QuoteJared Sorenson has kindly made available his complete published works, and I have looked them over with admiration. I also lurk on The Forge, and have downloaded many a free game by Zak Arntson or Jeff Diamond.
Not sure if that's new news to everyone here, but I thought it was pretty swell.

Rob

xiombarg

Quote from: Rob MacDougallHi all. I remember someone posting here last year about the idea of a MLwM game set in the Alpha Complex of the Paranoia rpg.
I believe I suggested that, in response to an offhand comment by Jared in this thread.
love * Eris * RPGs  * Anime * Magick * Carroll * techno * hats * cats * Dada
Kirt "Loki" Dankmyer -- Dance, damn you, dance! -- UNSUNG IS OUT

RaconteurX

I have always thought that InSpectres was the way to go for a new edition of Paranoia. Imagine being able to sit back and watch as the players come up with their own hosejob missions. Debriefing "flashbacks" would, of course, be the equivalent of confessional moments...

I like it. :)