News:

Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.

Main Menu

[Sorcerer and Sword] 17th-century demon-hunters

Started by tetsujin28, March 16, 2004, 09:32:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tetsujin28

Sorry to all offended...I failed my Library Use roll ;-) And btw, thanks, Ron, for being polite and pointing me to the correct forum. I was directed to the other forum by PM @ rpg.net, but still, mea culpa.

Now that this is in the appropriate forum, I seek the opinions of all the bright minds here. I'm thinking of running a Solomon Kane, witch- / devil- hunters game. My direct influence is the great movie, The Blood on Satan's Claw, and that whole British genre of horror. My questions are, what would the 'demon' be? I thought of the Vampire Hunter D-type thing, where each PC has a demon that eats other demons. Any other suggestions?
Now with cheese!

Simon W

You might also want to check out "Captain Kronos Vampire Hunter" a slighly camp Hammer Horror movie from the 70's and the new Van Helsing movie with Hugh Jackman might also have some good ideas. Oh, and I just remembered The Brotherhood of the Wolf. None have demons in, as such, but there are plenty of good ideas therein.

Simon

tetsujin28

Captain Kronos is a long-time fave. I nearly spit my beer out the first time I saw it, during the scene where they're trying to figure out how to kill the vampire, 'cause there are so many types. "Stake? Hmmm. no. Running water? Hmm. no." &c. :-)

Brotherhood of the Wolf is something I have to watch again when I get back to the States for vacation. Love that movie.

Van Helsing does look fun.
Now with cheese!