News:

Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.

Main Menu

New review at RPG.net

Started by Malechi, March 23, 2004, 04:38:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

luke silburn

Quote from: Brian LeybourneHeh, you probably didn't know then that admins have the ability to see the IP address an account has connected from, and all the other accounts that have ever connected from the same IP address.

Hey Brian, sorry to threadjack - but does that mean you can consolidate two user accounts on the Forge as well? I signed up under this handle a while ago, then forgot my details and signed up again as 'silburnl' a few weeks back.

Its not a biggie but I'd prefer it if all my words could return to haunt just the one account.

Regards
Luke
--
This .sig for hire

Brian Leybourne

I don't think that's possible, but try PMing Clinton Nixon, he's the Forge Admin guy, if anyone can do it, it would be him.

Brian.
Brian Leybourne
bleybourne@gmail.com

RPG Books: Of Beasts and Men, The Flower of Battle, The TROS Companion

Mayhem1979

Just a note on the whole idea that nobles in TROS are wimps...

Do you have any idea how deadly being able to afford a good warhorse and a good suit of plate mail makes a character?  It's frightening... and only nobles can start out this way... and only a bad GM will ever give any other social class enough money to afford such things until way late in the game... by which time your noble will have caught up in stats anyway.

One of the single deadliest combat characters I've ever seen was a noble tin can with a NICE warhorse and a riding skill of 3.  He slaughtered people with combat pools twice his size... en masse in a couple occasions.

bergh

Kind regards....

-Brian Bergh
brianbbj@hotmail.com
TRoS .pdf files: http://fflr.dk/tabletop/TROS/

Mayhem1979

Put together that character?  Or slaughter ppl en-mass?

The character was Landed noble (A), with attributes at B (43 pts), Profeincies at C, Skills at D, Gifts and Flaws at  E, and race at F

He was from Stahl, giving him a free horse, which the Gm allowed him to use as a discount on a better horse.  So he got his really nice warhorse for relatively cheap.

Reflex of 6, all six points of his Prof went into sword and sheild, and he bought a couple points in lance after the first session.

He spent all his MA points to bring his riding down to three... which gave him a scary TN for fighting from that really nice warhorse.

Finally, he made a deal with my master blacksmith character, who in exchange for him setting me up with a shop on his land and preferential treatment, made him masterwork plate for the cost of normal.  Combined with the cost of the forge, it cost him as much as fine plate normally would have.

His CP with the plate and helm on was 9... and he could all but ignore defence against most opponents.  The sheild only made it that much worse.  That made him formidable on his feet.  A match for all but the smartest combat monster PC's.

He got really dangerous once you put him on horseback.  He at one point plowed into an infantry formation... and all the way through it, and was killing three or four men per round simply becasue they didn't have any room to get out of the way and our plans had disrupted any chance they had at setting up a effective anti-cavalry formation.

Any combat-moster slave or peasent would have been all but helpless against the man if he got on his horse, and he would have held his own agaisnt most all on foot if he played even remotely smart.

Caz

Ingenious

Same basic character as mine then, except I used insight.. bought the plate(as compared to your approach).. social B and attributes A. Oh, and mine has a riding of 6 or 7 I think.. he hasn't had to use his horse yet. Slightly larger CP than yours, due to an understanding seneschal and better CP modifiers for the fine full plate.(Only 2 dice differential..) But I don't primarily use a shield, though I do have one.. and a longsword with which to one-hand whilst mounted.

Gained 13 SA points last session via very stackable SA's.. conscience, a drive to protect innocent villagers from an undead horde.. and the passion of hating aforementioned undead horde..
10 dice throwing in other words... chopped one in half I did. Barely..

Anyways, yes.. nobles are certainly not pushovers. That fine plate saved my ass on 3 occasions.. I got hit that number of times.. but never felt a scratch.

Also, I elected to buy off my dependancy on dialogue.. rather than try and improve my CP by one die. (Allowing me to finally be able to lower a CTN by using dialogue rather than gestures.. and also allows me to cast without using either gestures of words.. which is alot more covert.. is such a thing possible though??)

Two last points.. are you using OBAM? If so, don't forget the optional rule that states a destrier quality horse(such as those warhorses from Stahl) give +3 dice instead of the old +2. Also, our tin-can nobles on horseback are still vulnerable. Someone can choose to be dastardly and hack at the horse's legs...or set a spear, etc. And of course the whole archery concept.. that's a bitch. Luckily I have not had to deal with either yet.

-Ingenious