News:

Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.

Main Menu

SLA Industries HQ-system adaptation?

Started by Janus, March 25, 2004, 11:18:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Janus

Hi,

Has anyone done an adaptation of the HQ-system for the SLA Industries setting (i.e. appropriate cultural and occupational keywords, Ebb rules, etc.) ?

Or has anyone interest in such adaptation (besides myself and my players) ?

Regards,

Janus

6inTruder

Ha! I started this up with a copy of my friend's HeroWars, but was a little burnt out, so I shelved it. I think I had things broken down into three KeyWords:
Classification
Upbringing/Background
Training Package
The first two could be meshed though, and I'd thought to put Ebb as part of the Ebon/Waster Classification.

Best of luck on this to you though!
Jason

Janus

Yeah, I'm using three ketwords like HQ and like you did, they are slightly different.
Childhood Environment/Early Background
Former Occupation/Late Background
Ops Package

There might also big some fixed traits for the various races (like Large 17 for Shaktar and Stormers, etc.)

I will make the Ebb works like affinities/feats. Ebons and Brainwasters can pick up Ebb affinities and feats at some or all of their keywords. Their "magic" is automatically concentrated. Whenever they are "initiate" or "devotee" will depend how many Ebb related keywords they took.

Stress / insanity will be handled as contest against some presonality trait (e.g. Cool, Nerves of Ice, etc.) in case of defeat it will to temporary penalty for stress (healable with R&R or therapy) or in case of major/total defeat the acquisition/increase of flaws as personality traits.

I may or may not use the wound rules (i.e. trading 7 AP for a -1 hurt), depending if I want to keep the game more cinematic or if I want to make it more gritty.

Equipment is mostly a no-brainer, I will stay with the HQ way (just an augment). For characters who are really into customizing hardware, I will let them have a value for their customized pieces of hardware which will work like an extra augment or some secondary skill, like magic equipment in HQ. Also I have look into the drug addiction/secondary effects rules of SLA Industries and see what can be brought over. It might work like stress/insanity (i.e. some addiction trait of the drugs and some side effects in case of defeat.)

Oh yeah, in an effort to really put the players in the mood of the game, there are no Hero Points. Improvements are through money (you can buy trainning, biogenetics mods, equipment, etc. etc.) That of course mean they can't use HPs for bumping :) Likewise if they want to cement an advantage it will take some money (to get the paperwork for it, etc.)

Money and SCL will be the only micromanaged ressources.

Suggestions/comments are welcome.

Janus