News:

Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.

Main Menu

[Trollbabe] Error in text?

Started by Darren Hill, April 03, 2004, 10:50:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Darren Hill

Page 17, column 2, paragraph 2, of the text says:

QuoteThe player may check off another item and
get a second re-roll. If it succeeds, the trollbabe
succeeds, although her injury remains (it
becomes "felt" later; see below). If this second
re-roll fails, however, the trollbabe not only
thoroughly loses the conflict at hand, she is
flat-out incapacitated: knocked senseless, hurt
too badly to move, or anything similar. Again,
the player describes the details.

Is that last sentence correct? the chart a few pages later says this is narrated by the GM, and the only reason I can see for going to a 3rd reroll is to gain the right to narrate the consequences of your incapacity.

Paganini

I think the misprint is in the chart. As I understand it, the rolls happen linearly. After the first roll fails, you say how the trollbabe is discommoded *before* you make your first reroll. After the first reroll fails, you say how she's injured *before* the second reroll. After the second reroll fails, you say how completely the trollbabe is doomed *before* making the third reroll. When the third reroll succeeds, you don't revise your previous statement incapacitation. You add something new that helps pull the trollbabe's bacon out of the fire. But if you fail that third reroll, the GM gets to have his way with her.

rafial

Nice Catch.

I've always played strictly according to the chart, so I would of course lean toward the text being the misprint.  Guess we need Ron to weigh in on this one.

Ron Edwards

Darren's right: the chart is correct and the text on p. 17 is wrong. The final sentence should read, "In this case, the GM describes the details, unless the player decides to go for a third and final re-roll."

Which would also remove the "However" beginning the next paragraph.

Best,
Ron

Darren Hill

Quote from: Ron EdwardsDarren's right: the chart is correct and the text on p. 17 is wrong. The final sentence should read, "In this case, the GM describes the details, unless the player decides to go for a third and final re-roll."

Which would also remove the "However" beginning the next paragraph.

Best,
Ron

thanks for clearing that up :)