News:

Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.

Main Menu

Baltimore/Washington D.C. Area Forgers

Started by Mark Johnson, April 04, 2004, 12:36:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mark Johnson

Would anyone be interested having an "in person" meetup?  Write me here or privately.  If there is enough interest maybe we could get together for an evening of design sharing and gaming.

Regards,
Mark

Shreyas Sampat

Hi, Mark!

I'm at Hopkins in Baltimore; I'd definitely be interested in a meetup. Others?

Valamir

I'm afraid you missed me by a couple.  8 Years in MD:  Gaithersburg then Frederick.  Left in 2001.

talysman

missed me by a couple weeks. I flew to DC to meet up with other internet friends, watch lots of bad movies, eat lots of food. I also got to go on a tour of DC -- using Klaatu's travels in "The Day the Earth Stood Still" as a guide. got to see Professor Barnhardt's house. also went to Walter Reed Hospital, where he was taken after he was shot -- ok, I didn't actually go *in* the hospital, but I walked past it and went to the medical museum. also went to Dupont Circle, where (I *think*) Klaatu was actually killed, before Gort revived him.

there weren't any saucer scorchmarks in the Ellipse, however.

we were supposed to playtest Co9C that weekend in Bethesda, but it turned out everyone was interested in playing games on the first night I was there, which is when I was somewhat sick. the following nights, when I felt up to the task of playing games, no one wanted to play. wah!

oh well, I have other minions locally...
John Laviolette
(aka Talysman the Ur-Beatle)
rpg projects: http://www.globalsurrealism.com/rpg

Garbanzo

Huh?  Oh, yeah -  I live in Baltimore.
Land of Pleasant Living, baby.  (or at least, it used to be...)

If there's some sort of a meet-up (wait for it, here it comes) I'm game.

-Matt

Hell, Shreyas.  Meet you at Donna's Wed morning?

xiombarg

I'm very interested. I live in the Washington, DC metro area, in Adelphi, MD -- west of College Park.
love * Eris * RPGs  * Anime * Magick * Carroll * techno * hats * cats * Dada
Kirt "Loki" Dankmyer -- Dance, damn you, dance! -- UNSUNG IS OUT

Shreyas Sampat

There're a couple of Donna's; I can get to the one off Hopkins campus (i.e. the one on St. Paul) without too much trouble.

For others:

How does a weekend meetup sound? I'm without transportation (save cab and college-based shuttles), but it'd be great to arrange a dinner or a gaming night kind of thing.

xiombarg

Quote from: Shreyas SampatHow does a weekend meetup sound? I'm without transportation (save cab and college-based shuttles), but it'd be great to arrange a dinner or a gaming night kind of thing.
That would rock my world. Keep me on the list. ;-D

Mark Johnson

Garbanzo

Shreyas:
Of course I meant the St. Paul Donna's.  I'm right over on Maryland.  I'll be there at 8a on Wed, just in case.

Everybody:
I hereby volunteer mine own digs as a location for the weekend meetup.  The kitchen table only seats four, but I've got a fair number of couches in the couch room.
I'm in the middle of Baltimore, convenient to all (especially me).

Should we get serious about this?  Howzabout next weekend?

-Matt

Shreyas Sampat

Sweet. 8, eh? That'll be difficult, but I'll give it a try.

This weekend sounds cool to me.

xiombarg

Quote from: Shreyas SampatThis weekend sounds cool to me.
Next weekend is better for me.

Garbanzo

Er, yeah-
When I said next weekend, I wasn't actually referring to the next weekend (easter), but the weekend after that.  This one, of course, being this weekend.  You know.

So, perhaps the weekend which is the 16, 17, 18?
I've gotten a PM from Mark putting all the organizing on my shoulders.  Which is my just desserts for throwing down about it, I suppose.  So, here come the PMs.

-Matt

Mark Johnson

Matt,

Thanks for getting this thing rolling.  I am definitely looking forward to putting some names and faces together.  What games are we looking to play or playtest?

Later,
Mark

Shreyas Sampat

Chris Edwards on indie-netgaming has been talking about wanting to play something a little more complex than what we've been running there recently (stuff like Shadows, The Pool, Clockworx, Paladin...); I, too, am craving a little crunch.

Of course playtesting is the best possible option.