News:

Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.

Main Menu

Let's Be Productive: The Wishlist

Started by Jonathan Walton, April 04, 2004, 09:59:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jonathan Walton

Sick monkey indeed.  A roleplaying game about Claude Lévi-Strauss?!

And it would probably work too... That's the funny thing.

Valamir

THAT is a game worthy of actually being attempted.

hix

I must must must look at Shreyas' Four. I suspect my future self has already done so and is telepathing me back messages about how much crazy-fun it is.

And John Laviolette? Where is Court of 9 Chambers? Has there been a release of the second mini-game that I have missed? I paint, I pine, I perish!

Consider this the "You have an eager fan in your corner" post.

Cheers,
Steve.
Cheers,
Steve

Gametime: a New Zealand blog about RPGs

talysman

Quote from: hix
And John Laviolette? Where is Court of 9 Chambers? Has there been a release of the second mini-game that I have missed? I paint, I pine, I perish!

that's funny, I thought the second minigame was already released... I still need to rewrite and do lots of setting and color stuff, but I think the game is mostly complete. but I'm still having problems organize a live playtest.

the current two-page playtest rules are here, along with a Court playsheet to lay out your tokens and a character sheet that needs a little redesigning, but is mostly accurate.
John Laviolette
(aka Talysman the Ur-Beatle)
rpg projects: http://www.globalsurrealism.com/rpg

Spooky Fanboy

Court of 9 Chambers is a game I want to see for publication. John Harper's Danger Patrol is a must-have. Fate, Luck, or Will is a game I'm eagerly awaiting. As is 9 Worlds.

I want to see Ron Edwards do a superhero game.

I want to see Jared Sorensen mix Schism (Unleashed) with The Code for the ultimate "underground superheroes" game.

I want a roleplaying game where the characters are modern sorcerers who use oneiromancy to work their magic. Shreyas Sampat would be a prime candidate for this, I think. So would Johnathan Walton.

I want to see Shreyas' game Four, because I want to see a game based on precognition developed.

Bullpen is a game I'd like to see more of.

I'd enjoy seeing Jason L. Blair and Rev. Mother Sean Benjamin Jaffee bring back The Last Exodus. Great backstory, good take on the whole apocalypse angle, needed room to grow but wasn't given it.  

I'd be interested in a game where madness could actually be a virus that would not only spread, but "infect" reality and alter it into it's image.

I'd also like to see a game of transhuman horror, where the villains (PCs?) are not vampires or werewolves or alien creatures who look like us, but all of the above: shapeshifters called "Doppelgangers", creatures who not only kill you, but take your memories and your life.
Proudly having no idea what he's doing since 1970!

Spooky Fanboy

Almost forgot:

The definitive Sword and Sorcery rpg, the same way that there are anime rpgs that cover all the bases, or Cartoon Action Hour covered Saturday morning cartoons of the '80s. Ron Edwards would seem the most likely candidate to do this, but I can't believe that there aren't others out there who'd be willing to give it a shot. C'mon, do we really want Conan d20 eating our lunch?

I would love to see what Paul Czege or Zak Arnston would do with the horror-film genre, using the '70s-'80s "slasher films" as well as the interesting variations on the genre, like Cabin Fever.
Proudly having no idea what he's doing since 1970!

Emily Care

Great topic, Jonathan.

I'd like to see Christopher Weeks take his radical politics and make it into the setting for a game. A hardcore narrativist game set in a world like Ursula LeGuin's The Dispossessed.

I want Chris Bankuei or Jason (cruciel) to write an updated cyberpunk-type game (since we are living in the fu-chore now, we've got to push the boundaries of our sci-fi further) set in a tweaked version of Sao Paulo: the rich inhabit lavish marble-columned, neo-classical penthouses on top of the cheek-by-jowl, jumbled mass of skyscrapers that make up the city.  Meanwhile, the squatter underclasses live in the bottom floors of the same buildings, staking their claims to land based on their occupancy beneath the rich flitting from party to party above them in their personal helicopters.  This would be a great setting for a martial arts game pulling in any and all styles since SP is an international city. Though having it based on Capoeira would absolutely rock. Maybe Nathan Banks would do it and could incorporate music as well as martial arts into the game!

I'd like to see Mike Holmes and Mark Eddy write a gns hybrid congruent game that intentionally supports omni-play and omni-gming.  

I'd like to see Vincent or some other fiendish character write the Dangerous Liasons roleplaying game. Paul?  Anyone?

--Emily Care
Koti ei ole koti ilman saunaa.

Black & Green Games

DevP

Quote from: Emily CareI'd like to see Christopher Weeks take his radical politics and make it into the setting for a game. A hardcore narrativist game set in a world like Ursula LeGuin's The Dispossessed.
yesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyes

Daniel Solis

I'd like to see Emily rise up and do some work on Rise Up. The concept sounds like it has that raise-the-bar-of-what-an-RPG-can-be potential.
¡El Luchacabra Vive!
-----------------------
Meatbot Massacre
Giant robot combat. No carbs.

Mike Holmes

Quote from: Emily CareI'd like to see Mike Holmes and Mark Eddy write a gns hybrid congruent game that intentionally supports omni-play and omni-gming.  
Working on something that might fit the bill, actually. Maybe what I need is Mark to get somewhere with it...

Mike
Member of Indie Netgaming
-Get your indie game fix online.

Emily Care

Thanks Daniel! And hear, hear, Dev.

Quote from: Mike HolmesWorking on something that might fit the bill, actually. Maybe what I need is Mark to get somewhere with it...
Fabulous! This post and his others on the creative agenda game thread, made me think of Mark.

--EC
Koti ei ole koti ilman saunaa.

Black & Green Games

Shreyas Sampat

I would like to see a game based on these three ideas:
Belief defines, for a particular person, the nature of reality.
It is possible for one person to impose their reality on another.
It is possible for a person to consciously manipulate the nature of his reality.

That is, I want a good version of Mage, where the magic system is the system, and not tacked-on to it.

I think I'd like to see Matt Snyder, Seth ben-Ezra, and Vincent Baker's takes on this... not necessarily to completion, but only to the point of core mechanical framework.

anonymouse

I want to see Daniel finish Gears & Spears. And his new dolphin game, too.
You see:
Michael V. Goins, wielding some vaguely annoyed skills.
>

Lord_Steelhand

I want to see a Narrativist Sci-Fi game dealing with the premise of Transhumanism and the loss of a functional definition of Humanity, maybe.

I would just like to see Sci-fi that wasn't Sim, to be honest.  That delath with, as most good sci-fi novels, the concepts of future technology and their results on society, not the functioning of the technology itself...

...more heart/brain, less silicon.

Perfect fodder for Ron or Vincent, I think.
Judd M. Goswick
Legion Gaming Society

Tobias

Hm. On the one hand, I know I am committing sin by posting on this too-old thread. On the other hand, Lord_steelhand's already revived it, it will probably be split, and if I post to some other thread with my wish, we'll have parallel threads. So better to commit the evil of posting here.

I want a game where 'leadership' and the giving and following of orders is incorporated in the rules somehow. Strategic/Tactical.

So, say, there's a group of fighters, but one's focussed on leadership a bit more than the rest (say he has a leadership score of 3, instead of the default 1). With that 3, he's allowed to shout 3 'orders' each combat turn (whatever a combat turn is). If the recipient of the order follows the order, he gets a bonus to the action(s) implied by that order, equal to the leadership score of leader (or a derived bonus from that stat). If the order is completed, both the follower and issuer of the bonus gain some bonus reward on top of the regular, no-order-involved reward that would otherwise be given for that task.

In that system, there would be options for rebellion against orders, etc., and picking order consequences, etc. Preferrably allowing for mass-scale with individual stand-out performance from heroic types.

Made by someone with a solid grasp of combat systems - like BW, or TROS, or anyone else who feels up to the mantle.
Tobias op den Brouw

- DitV misses dead gods in Augurann
- My GroupDesign .pdf.