News:

Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.

Main Menu

Portland, OR/Vancouver, WA

Started by quozl, April 05, 2004, 01:53:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

quozl

In the spirit of the D.C. thread, do any Forgers in the area want to get together and play some games?
--- Jonathan N.
Currently playtesting Frankenstein's Monsters

quozl

Is it OK to bump threads in the Birthday forum?

I just wanted everyone to have a chance to see this thread and respond before the forum closes.
--- Jonathan N.

anonymouse

I kinda would, though it'd depend on what you had in mind.
You see:
Michael V. Goins, wielding some vaguely annoyed skills.
>

quozl

I really want to play some Donjon and some Soap and some Universalis and some Sorcerer and some Dust Devils and some Dogs in the Vinyard.  I don't own the last two yet but I will.

I've been on boardgame fix the last two years and haven't done much roleplaying at all.  Those giant RPG tomes don't interest me at all anymore and I really want tight mechanics that actually make a difference like I expect that the above RPGs do.

So if anyone in the Portland/Vancouver area wants to get together once in a while and do this, let me know.  I have a house and a wife who wants to try roleplaying too.
--- Jonathan N.

xenopulse

I'd love to play some indie games. I'm practically in Portland (actually out in the western burbs), and I have only recently managed to interest my wife in Dogs. She's a long-time freeform player and doesn't usually like mechanics, but an AP thread here on the Forge intrigued her.

I do own Dogs. Maybe we could get together sometime.

Chris Goodwin

I'm in Beaverton.  I don't have a regular gaming group currently, but would like to.  I own PTA and Dogs is in the mail on its way to me.

Any others?
Chris Goodwin
cgoodwin@gmail.com

xenopulse

Chris,

Very cool. I have Dogs and PtA both, and live around the corner in Aloha. I do have a regular gaming group, but it's old-school, dysfunctional AD&D 2e, and I'm just working on a way to get out of it without letting down my friend/coworker.

We should have started a connections thread long ago :)

quozl

Cool!  PTA is on my want list too.  

The next few weekends are full for me but maybe we can all meet the weekend of the 23rd or the 30th.  A neutral, centrally located area like Bridgetown Hobbies would probably be best at first.
--- Jonathan N.

quozl

So, guys, do those days work for you?

Anyone else?
--- Jonathan N.

xenopulse

I got my regular group meeting either one of those weekends (we haven't decided yet). It might have to be after that.

Why don't you drop me an email (xenopulse at yahoo dot com), so we don't lose sight of this thread once the birthday forum closes.

Chris Goodwin

I'll have to check to see if those days are good for me.  

My e-mail is archer at feather dot net.
Chris Goodwin
cgoodwin@gmail.com

quozl

All right, I'm taking this to email but wanted to bump this thread one more time in case there are others in the area who missed it.
--- Jonathan N.