News:

Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.

Main Menu

A Sorcery Question - Sorry if it's been covered before

Started by Uber_Munchkin, April 21, 2004, 06:52:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Uber_Munchkin

Ok I've tried searching the board for this but I can't find anything on it.

I'm going to be running my first TROS game within the next few weeks, my gaming group & I are taking this week and next weeks sessions to cover character/group concept and generation, sample combats and world background.

Now I am allowing one Sorcerer in the party which has been taken on by one of my playres who I trust to actually play Sorcerer rather than a collection of different ways to kill people with magic.

The concept he has if for a shamanistic sorcerer inspired by Nosta Khann from David Gemells excellent novel Legend.

So his question to me, which I think I have figured out but would like to check with some of the more experience players, was Can I Spiritually Possess Another Person?

My answer was yes, but we're talking Major ritual spell of many here.  Something along the lines of summoning their soul from their body and containing it in a suitable vessel while you rip your soul from your body and force it into this other persons shell, requiring vision if they are not present at the time of the ritual so you can find them, and then conquer/implant if you want to duplicate their knowledges and personality.

All in all a hugely draining and incredibly dangerous spell.
'I made a god out of blood not superiority,
I killed the king of deceit,
wake me up in anarchy.'

-- KMFDM - Anarchy

Stephen

I don't know that it would have to be a Ritual/Spell of Many.  For a short-term temporary possession you could probably get away with something like this:

POSSESSION (Spell of Three, CTN 6, Casting time 60 seconds)
L: 1 (Conquer 2, Vision 2, Formalized -2)
R: 2 (Line of sight)
V: 0 (Insubstantial)
D: 0 (Sustained)
T: 3 (Living person)

This spell allows you to take over the mind of your subject and, through use of the Vision Vagary, transfer your consciousness temporarily into their body.  The subject gets a WP resistance roll against the CTN; if he or she rolls more successes than you do on your Casting roll, the spell fails.  The possessor can use all the Temporal Stats and physical gifts/flaws of the body possessed, but retains his own Mental Stats and mental gifts.  His own body falls into a deep coma and will appear to be dead, but he can revert to it at any time by releasing the spell.

By raising Conquer to 3, the sorcerer can deprive his victim of their Resistance roll; by raising Range to 3, he does not need to see his subject to possess him (but he does need a link to the subject to do so).
Even Gollum may yet have something to do. -- Gandalf