News:

Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.

Main Menu

Proof Reading and Editing

Started by Ben Lehman, May 01, 2004, 12:25:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ben Lehman

Hi.  I thought I would put my card out for this, in case anyone is interested.

I am a semi-professional copy-editor / proof reader.  I have worked with authors of both non-fiction and fiction, as well as term papers and theses, and so far have not had bad results.  I love RPGs, and would love to help you make your RPG free of typos, comma splices, run-on-sentences, and incoherent grammatical statements.  And, I hope, some of you want this too.

I can provide feedback at many different levels, including structure, style, and content.  I can provide this in multiple forms (in-line comments, seperate sheet, etc) as you like.  I do work well and quickly.

My standard rate is $15.00 / hour.  My reading rate varies according to your needs, and how much work I need to do on your writing, but is usually between 5 pages / hour (barely recognizable English) and 40 pages / hour (crystal clear with few problems).  I realize that this is pretty high for an indie-productions, but see below.

First, if I like you, and if we've had good dealings in the past, I am willing to negotiate discounts.  Second, if you can provide me with services in return (art, advertising, layout, webhosting, and HTML coding) for my own RPG projects, we can probably do an exchange of services.  Third, if I like your products, I will be willing to work for merchandise.

If you are interesting in my services, please contact me via Private Messaging.

yrs--
--Ben

smokewolf

I am interested.

Why not look at my demo and then we can discuss what kinda deals we can make. I can do art (I did all the art in my game, some of which is in the demo), html, fluff, etc..

Demo: www.93gamesstudio.com/downloads/demo.pdf

If you can not do a deal, let me know what you think based on the demo will be you bill.

BTW, I am not asking for any corrections on the demo. Just use it as a guage.
Keith Taylor
93 Games Studio
www.93gamesstudio.com

As Real As It Gets