News:

Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.

Main Menu

And the Outie goes to....

Started by Jason L Blair, December 31, 2001, 10:40:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jason L Blair

Congratulations, Ron, on picking up a coveted (I'm not sure by whom) Outie award doled out every year by Ken "Sassy" Hite. Ron picked it up this year for "Most Improved Retread of 2001," which may not sound like an honor but most assuredly is.

Still... the fact that Adventure! beat Little Fears does crack my heart a bit...

Congrats again, Ron!

Here's the link: http://www.gamersrealm.com/store1/outofthebox.php

Jason L Blair
Writer, Game Designer

joshua neff

If it makes you feel any better, Jason, I was in one of the gaming stores in Kansas City this weekend & in the section dominated by White Wolf products there were NO copies of Adventure!, but there were FOUR copies of Little Fears (& 1 copy of Sorcerer & Sword). Although, as Ron & I were discussing the other night, the ordering & reordering practices of RPG retailers is suspicious at best.
--josh

"You can't ignore a rain of toads!"--Mike Holmes

Ron Edwards

I am most pleased by Ken Hite's support and recognition, as he is a guy who only cares about what really makes sense, rather than any kind of image to live up to.

He's teasin' me with that bit about my vocal disagreement, but I actually don't disagree with him. I do consider the hardback an improvement over the PDF, in all kinds of ways. It's not the medium, it's the content, and the book is way better.

I also thought his d20 metaphor (bloating with gas being mistaken for "growth") was most apt. I have no beef with d20 or the OGL ... it's the perception of it for something it's not that makes me wince, and Ken has nailed it.

Best,
Ron

Jason L Blair

Ron spaketh:
it's the perception of it for something it's not that makes me wince, and Ken has nailed it.

Well... that is something Ken is prone to doing. I've met Ken, I've read Ken, and I like Ken. With ego-deflating needle in hand (just in case), I daresay this industry would be better off with more people who possess Ken's brand of integrity and honesty.

Jason L Blair
Writer, Game Designer

Paul Czege

Hey...congratulations to Sorcerer!

And maybe The Forge needs a membership-voted "Indie" awards. We could coordinate things with Ken so the Indie and Outie awards were announced on the same day!
;)

Paul
My Life with Master knows codependence.
And if you're doing anything with your Acts of Evil ashcan license, of course I'm curious and would love to hear about your plans

joshua neff

I dunno, Paul. I think if we tried something like that, it'd just go belly up.
--josh

"You can't ignore a rain of toads!"--Mike Holmes