News:

Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.

Main Menu

TROS: Quickest character death RPG ever?

Started by Tywin Lannister, May 11, 2004, 01:11:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Malechi

Alrighty.. i think perhaps some of us are getting a little excited here.  I guess that stems from different play styles and seriousness factors.  Some like random chargen, some don't.  I happen to like all types of chargen, in the right context.  Regardless of how long it takes you to roll characters I think the fundamental thing to remember is that its a game, and if you don't like something.. "rule 0" it and move the hell on ;)
I think perhaps nsruf missed my point.  Its a game... maybe hte original poster had a tone of sarcasm or maybe I was projecting a little. Either way I don't think anyone was seriously saying that death during chargen was part of the rules.  

Quote from: Valthalion
Quote from: MalechiClassic Traveller...

Traveller now there is a name from the distant past.

Don't tell me its still around.

Valthalion
Night against Kaos

Not only is it still around but we're smack bang in the middle of a Megatraveller campaign as we speak.  

http://members.westnet.com.au/manji/offworld.html for details

Jason K.

[/url]
Katanapunk...The Riddle of Midnight... http://members.westnet.com.au/manji/

Krammer

personally, I think it is just funny. death in chargen. oh boy, that made my day.
A muppet is just a cross between a mop and a puppet.

Tash

That's about what I figured, something to force the player to choose between gaining more potent skills and traing and, well, living long enough to play the game :)
"And even triumph is bitter, when only the battle is counted..."  - Samael "Rebellion"

nsruf

Quote from: MalechiI think perhaps nsruf missed my point.

Wouldn't surprise me;)

QuoteIts a game... maybe hte original poster had a tone of sarcasm or maybe I was projecting a little. Either way I don't think anyone was seriously saying that death during chargen was part of the rules.

If Tywin uses aging penalties during chargen, he is doing precisely that. So maybe he was joking...
Niko Ruf

Tywin Lannister

The trees bend their boughs towards the earth and nighttime birds float as black faces.

nsruf

Quote from: Tywin LannisterYes, maybe he was :P

Troll! Troll! Bring the flamethrower!
Niko Ruf