News:

Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.

Main Menu

Editing

Started by Cynthia Celeste Miller, December 31, 2001, 11:49:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cynthia Celeste Miller

Once Cartoon Action Hour has had all the final revisions, I'll need to have it edited for typos, grammar and consistency.

Now, I admit to being a perfectionist.  So, naturally, I want the editing to be darn good.

I could just hand the text to a friend and say "Here, look this over and edit it.", but this may or may not get good results.  

So, this brings forth my question;

How do I go about finding an editor who works inexpensively or for free?

I'm not trying to sound like a cheap-skate, but my budget is pretty limited right now.

[ This Message was edited by: Cynthia Celeste Miller on 2001-12-31 11:49 ]
Cynthia Celeste Miller
President, Spectrum Games
www.spectrum-games.com

Jack Spencer Jr

Hmm..  That's tough.  There are probably various resources, check the Self-Publishing section above.

I would suggest you edit it yourself, but we all know that's a rough thing to do.  Almost like giving birth to the same baby twice.

But you should do that anyway, but find someone to read through it.  It is best to let another brain have a look.

You should let your friends look it over before you go with a professional editor, especially if you're paying them.  Best to catch most of the glaring errors before the guy who gets paid has a crack at it.

Bailey

You're in Springfield, right?

Just go to SMSU (or is it CMSU?) and put up a flyer in the languagearts building saying that you need an editor for your project.  Offer something that would be a reasonalbe chunk of change to an cash poor English major, like maybe $150.  Since the semester is just starting in a couple of weeks you don't have to worry about finals procrastination.

Just give them a deadline and don't pay more than a third up front.
Signature:
This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 255 character limit

HTML is OFF
BBCode is ON
Smilies are ON