News:

Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.

Main Menu

New forum version

Started by Clinton R. Nixon, January 04, 2002, 05:43:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Clinton R. Nixon

The computer I was looking at the site on (in IE) is at 800x600 resolution. I understand why the text might be impossibly small on monitors with 1280x1024 resolution or something.

So, I'm going to buy a book on CSS today and figure it out and set everything a-right for you guys. That's why I did this over a weekend.
Clinton R. Nixon
CRN Games

joshua neff

I'm at home looking at this on IE & the font size is fine. Granted, this is with my glasses on, but I have no problem at all with this. In fact, I think this whole forum looks brilliant. I love it.

The only thing that's kind of weird is that they switched forum set-ups over on RPGnet at exactly the same time & both fora now look exactly the same (or pretty damn similar, anyway).
--josh

"You can't ignore a rain of toads!"--Mike Holmes

Logan

I haven't experienced any real problems with font size, and I use 1600x1200 resolution on a 19" monitor. I thought the old version of the forum was fine, though I guess the new version will be great once it's all dialed in. It does have a lot of whizzie new features. This must be quite a hobby for you, Clinton.

Tim C Koppang

I have nothing espescially brillant to say except that the new look is great.  I like the fonts, and I'm looking forward to playing with all the pretty options.

Paul Czege

The only thing that's kind of weird is that they switched forum set-ups over on RPGnet at exactly the same time...

Ick...they have little pictures. Let's not get that feature. Nothing personal, but I'm not sure I want a visual representation of how lacking in taste you all are. It looks like a food fight.

Paul
My Life with Master knows codependence.
And if you're doing anything with your Acts of Evil ashcan license, of course I'm curious and would love to hear about your plans

Clinton R. Nixon

Quote from: Paul Czege
The only thing that's kind of weird is that they switched forum set-ups over on RPGnet at exactly the same time...

Ick...they have little pictures. Let's not get that feature. Nothing personal, but I'm not sure I want a visual representation of how lacking in taste you all are. It looks like a food fight.

First things I turned off were the little pictures, the smilies, and the ranking system. There's no need for all that madness.
Clinton R. Nixon
CRN Games

Paul Czege

Hey Clinton,

Despite that I have HTML turned on, some simple HTML seems to be failing out.

No <EM>emphasis</EM>.

No <FONT COLOR="RED">colored text</FONT>

You did fix the thing where single quotes were being appended with slashes. Is this related to that fix?

Thanks,

Paul
My Life with Master knows codependence.
And if you're doing anything with your Acts of Evil ashcan license, of course I'm curious and would love to hear about your plans

Clinton R. Nixon

The reason some HTML isn't showing up is because I can now set what HTML is allowed and what isn't. I'll add FONT and EM.
Clinton R. Nixon
CRN Games

Ranko

Clinton I am sorry about the percieved tone of my post. Honestly it was not my intention to come of as anything but helpful. Sorry.

I thought that you were using CSS because I have seen it misused in setting the fonts too many times, and I haven’t even bothered to check if that was the fact with Forge forums. Mea culpa.

I use IE 5.5 and am unable to resize text size using the View > Text Size > size I want option. And I am complaining about it because I am not only using a small, old and not too good monitor, but also because I am one of the ‘blind’ people (-6,75 both eyes). So if you can help me that would be great.

On a side note do you expect to add the colour options back? I was rather fond of the blue/gray one.

Thanks, and sorry, again.
Ranko

Clinton R. Nixon

Note: Everyone who thinks they offended me - you didn't. It was taken care of with one other person and I.

And if you liked the blue/grey option, you can select it in your profile. The theme is called 'subSilver'.
Clinton R. Nixon
CRN Games

Ranko

Love the subZero, but I didn't notice it a few days ago.
Thanks.

Any help / advice you can give me regarding my font size problem?

Ben Morgan

Absolutely beautiful, is all I can say. And the "New Posts Since Your Last Visit" option is working now (for some odd reason, it was't for a long while with the previous version).

I love you, Spartacus.
-----[Ben Morgan]-----[ad1066@gmail.com]-----
"I cast a spell! I wanna cast... Magic... Missile!"  -- Galstaff, Sorcerer of Light

Clinton R. Nixon

All the font size problems should be fixed. If you still have a problem, flush your cache, and re-load the page.
Clinton R. Nixon
CRN Games

Paganini

Quote from: Clinton R Nixon
All the font size problems should be fixed. If you still have a problem, flush your cache, and re-load the page.

It was, err... pretty cool, but it got all, well, big!

Sorry man... Is there a new setting in the userprof that I can change?

Chris Passeno

I love the new look.  SubSilver rules!  I just wish the Forge logo was in the upper-left again.

Who knows, one of these days I might have something relevant to post.

Later,
Chris