News:

Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.

Main Menu

Stroking Ron's Ego

Started by Tim C Koppang, January 07, 2002, 02:25:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tim C Koppang

So I was in the game store the other day and I saw a copy of Sword on the shelves and I thought to myself, "Hmmm... that sounds familiar."  So I picked it up and sure enough it was the Sorcerer supplement I believed it to be and there was Ron's name.  "When the hell did he publish it in book form," I really did say out loud.  Of course I was behind the times and didn't realize Ron had his own soft back book, so I looked around some more and found Sorcerer - the full blown edition and there was Ron's name.  "Wow," I said to my friend - "this is the guy on the internet that posts a million times a day to the Forge.  Aren't you impressed?  I talked to him."

So there you go Ron.  Your game is avalible in my game store, located in Mt. Prospect, Illinois.  And yes I bought it.

Ron Edwards

Hey Tim,

Ego aside, I appreciate the praise very much.

As you probably know, I live in the Chicago area, and I head out to Mt. Prospect every so often to buy stuff. Phil, one of the owners, has been supportive of Sorcerer and I'm glad that it's doing well for him.

The book you bought is actually a re-order! Which is to say, the first copies they ordered did sell, and they did go ahead and re-order more. That's just what I want to hear.

Best,
Ron

Jason L Blair

Wait a minute... Mount Prospect... is this the store I'm thinking of? You know, Ron... THE STORE?
Jason L Blair
Writer, Game Designer

Tim C Koppang

Quote from: Key20Jason
Wait a minute... Mount Prospect... is this the store I'm thinking of? You know, Ron... THE STORE?
If I can chime in again... All my friends call it The Store.  So I'd bet it's one and the same.  Man they have a crap load of inventory.

I actually only go to school in Champaign, but I live in the suburbs of Chicago and head out there whenever I'm home.

Ron Edwards

Hey,

Jason's talking about another, unrelated issue, and I've taken it to private email.

Nothing to see, folks. Keep moving, keep moving.

Best,
Ron