News:

Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.

Main Menu

Fastlane

Started by NikkiN, June 17, 2004, 09:28:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NikkiN

I was lucky enough to be a play tester for Fastlane and in spite of my doubts about using the roulette wheel, I can strongly endorse it's use.

It added a surprising fun element to the game and although most of us were not familar with the rules for roulette, we all caught on fairly quickly.  The wheel added excitement to a curvy mountain road car chase that I'll always remember.  

With our without using the wheel, the game was totally enjoyable and I can't wait to play it again.

Paganini

Ditto in all respects. Roulette is a fun game, and playing with your character's life is much more fun than playing with your own money. :)

Lxndr

Thanks!  

And you both played in the IRC playtests, where handling everything roulette-related was super-super-SLOW, so it means even more that you liked how it worked.  :)  NikkiN's playtest, in fact, is the basis for the examples that appears throughout the book - the GM and players sitting around and playing the game.  That car chase in particular just rocked.  :)  

Of course, the names and faces and who-said-what were changed to protect the innocent, as well as to incorporate later rules.
Alexander Cherry, Twisted Confessions Game Design
Maker of many fine story-games!
Moderator of Indie Netgaming

Bob McNamee

Cool, I had a fun car chase myself on IRC....

(almost went over the edge)
Bob McNamee
Indie-netgaming- Out of the ordinary on-line gaming!