News:

Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.

Main Menu

Alrighty then, let's smurf!

Started by James V. West, January 09, 2002, 12:09:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

James V. West

I don't know why I did it, but here it is:

www.geocities.com/randomordercreations/smurf.html

May Peyo forgive me.

Cynthia Celeste Miller

James, my friend, you are disturbed.  ;)

In any case, that was a delightfully funny read and I couldn't help but laugh my Smurf off.

The rules are clever too, and fully represent the souece material.  Probably too well. lol
Cynthia Celeste Miller
President, Spectrum Games
www.spectrum-games.com

Uncle Dark

James,

The Forces of Evil (Inquire about franchise possibilities in your area!) are proud of you right now.  Bad job!

Lon
Reality is what you can get away with.

joe_llama

James,

Oh man! I wanna smoke what you smoke!

This is the second time you motivate me.

I'll give you a hint: The name of the game will be Big thighs, Small spouse

Respect,

Joe Llama

Laurel

Mike Holmes

Laurel, that's hilarious. You're gonna get me fired.

Anyhow, it reminds me of Jet Black and the Seven Deadly Dwarves: Snotty, Lazy, Angry, Greedy, Grabby, Fatty and Perv.

Mike
Member of Indie Netgaming
-Get your indie game fix online.

James V. West

Hehe.

Loved the Hoodlum Smurfs stuff!

You know, I wrote that smurfy thing in less than 30 minutes. Now (and here's where it starts to turn dark and somewhat disturbing), I have all these ideas to add like descriptions of the undead Smurfs, nasty magic stuff from Gargamel's tower, and a list of Smurf NPSs (Non-Player Smurfs).

The question I keep asking myself is....why???

On a more serious note...this kind of excercise really does help get the cobwebs out. I was pondering my Hof idea and getting nowhere when the Smurfs invaded. It was fast, fun, and free. And I even see some serious potential for system elements in there.

This must be sorta how Zak feels everytime he cranks out a cool-ass game like Fungeon!!

Next up: SMURFERER...an intense smurf.

Thanks for all the comments, everyone!

lumpley

Good god almighty.  I think I busted a gasket.

-Vincent

James V. West

Quote from: lumpley
Good god almighty.  I think I busted a gasket.

-Vincent

Lumpley! I want to take this opportunity to inform you that Kill Puppies For Satan is rapidly climbing the list of The Coolest Games I've Ever Not Played Yet and now ranks very, very high.

And it is, officially, the funniest game I've ever read. I don't remember ever posting about it in the thread way back then, so I'm making it official here and now: YOU RULE.

Zak Arntson

Quote from: James V. West
This must be sorta how Zak feels everytime he cranks out a cool-ass game like Fungeon!!

Welcome to my world!!  I'm discovering that I enjoy the quickie rpgs as opposed to the monstrous (and I say unnecessary ... I mean the Pool is awesome but it fits on what, two pages?) things that I always assumed they should be.

And hee ... Fungeon. Just wait until Clinton and I finish Donjon Krawl.

Oh, and Smurf is a riot. I can't believe you did that. I can believe the extrapolating you're doing, though ... zombie smurfs and what-not. Believe me, it's tough to write a quickie game and be able to let it lie!!

Matt Snyder

James ...

CHARLIE DON'T SMURF!
Matt Snyder
www.chimera.info

"The future ain't what it used to be."
--Yogi Berra

Mike Holmes

Quote from: chimera
James ...

CHARLIE DON'T SMURF!

If I say it's safe to smurf this beach, it's safe to smurf this beach!

You either smurf or you fight!

See what you've started JW!

Mike
Member of Indie Netgaming
-Get your indie game fix online.

James V. West

"You want the Smurfies?"

"I WANT THE SMURF!!"

"YOU can't HANDLE the smurf!"

Ok. We'd better not get this started or Ron will smurf us all in the smurf for cluttering his perfectly good website with smurf.

It was fun though.

Smurf on.

JVW

Mithras

Quote from: chimera
James ...

CHARLIE DON'T SMURF!

Matt, you bastard. I just sneezed half a pint of good quality beer out of my nose onto my keyboard.

Shit!

(anyone who can crack an Apocalypse Now joke is a friend of mine for life!)
Paul Elliott

Zozer Game Designs: Home to ultra-lite game The Ladder, ZENOBIA the fantasy Roman RPG, and Japanese cyberpunk game ZAIBATSU, Cthulhu add-ons, ancient Greeks and more -  //www.geocities.com/mithrapolis/games.html

Matt Snyder

Thanks, man. Glad you enjoyed it.

Would you believe the thread actually reminded me to finally watch my copy of Apoc. Now Redux? Good stuff, but I"m not sure if I like it better or not.

Remember ...

Never got of the god damn smurf. That's absolutely god damn right.

Ok, so I'm beating a dead horse, and it has nothing to do w/ gaming. I'll shut up now.
Matt Snyder
www.chimera.info

"The future ain't what it used to be."
--Yogi Berra