News:

Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.

Main Menu

another Maneuvering Question

Started by baumi, June 28, 2004, 02:47:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

baumi

HiHo!

What confuses me about the Maneuvering Checks in Combat is how you announce the Roll.

Can only the person who try to avoid the attackers roll, are the others roll against it, in wich order do the annonce the used dice ...???

THX & Have FUN!
Baumi

Jake Norwood

Are you referring to Terrain rolls to avoid multiple opponents?

Jake
"Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing." -R.E. Howard The Tower of the Elephant

Jake Norwood

Based on current, in-text rules, only the poor sap running away gets to roll. There are, however, several home-brewed rules floating around this forum that let everyone involved in the chase roll.

Jake
"Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing." -R.E. Howard The Tower of the Elephant

baumi

Deliverator

Quote from: Jake NorwoodBased on current, in-text rules, only the poor sap running away gets to roll. There are, however, several home-brewed rules floating around this forum that let everyone involved in the chase roll.

Jake

I would add that, as Jake himself has said in prior posts, the running away guy has to roll every round—he can't just do it once and then pick off the guys chasing him one by one.

Probably goes without saying, but as it's not made explicit in the rules...

Matt
The Deliverator belongs to an elite order, a hallowed subcategory.

-Neal Stephenson, Snow Crash

Tash

In my group we don't use terrain rolls for chases.  I have the character roll a number of dice equal to their move score against a fixed TN, for each success they move 1 yard.

If they get within combat range and want to try and fight I'll make them roll a terrain roll to establish position and determine if the escaper gets away or is forced into combat.

If forced into combat the escaper can elect to full evade, but that takes a full exchange, during which time anyone else pursuing them has the chance to close in....
"And even triumph is bitter, when only the battle is counted..."  - Samael "Rebellion"