News:

Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.

Main Menu

Building Farranshire into a PDF?

Started by Emiricol, June 30, 2004, 05:30:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Emiricol

Inspired by the thread at http://www.indie-rpgs.com/viewtopic.php?t=11527 on Building Farrenshire, my question is this: Prince of Thieves, have you any plans to draft this out into a PDF?  Maybe include some crests and maps...  Alternatively, a more detailed web site.

Hopeful,

-Emiricol

Jake Norwood

I support it wholeheartedly.

Jake
"Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing." -R.E. Howard The Tower of the Elephant

Prince of Thieves

Quote from: Emiricol...on Building Farrenshire, my question is this: Prince of Thieves, have you any plans to draft this out into a PDF?  Maybe include some crests and maps...  Alternatively, a more detailed web site.

Hopeful,

-Emiricol

I'm not sure about a PDF, I don't know if there is any free pdf publishing software (Anyone know? I'll do some checking too). However, seeing as Jake as already given his ok, I'd be willing to write a Microsoft-Word doc (since it can include graphics/maps easily). I have written a small bit of background, most of which I haven't posted and have created some detailed maps of Farrenshire. That being said though, most of what I've done is to make an interesting place to be further built up in game-play, its not an exhaustive or complete creation. But if there is interest there I'd be very willing to share it, even going through the extra effort of composing my notes into a larger, more complete document.
Ironic humor dragged down all the twilight minarets he reared, and the earthy fear of improbability blasted all of the delicate and amazing flowers in his feary gardens.
-H.P. Lovecraft, The Silver Key

toli

Quote from: Prince of Thieves
I'm not sure about a PDF, I don't know if there is any free pdf publishing software (Anyone know? I'll do some checking too).

Once its all ready, I can convert it from a doc file to a pdf for you.  I have Adobe Acrobat.  PM me if you are interested...
NT

Emiricol

I'm definitely interested.  I understand it's mostly framework to be built upon, but what I've seen interests me a lot.  I'd love to see more, if you are willing to take the time to write your notes up as you mentioned.

Dan Sellars

I've been away from these boards for a while but just wen t and had a look at the link to the other thread.  It all looks really good stuff about farranshire and assuming you have the time available it would be really good to see it in pdf.  

If your interested at all (I know you've been offered else where) but I believe that there are soem websites that will create pdf's for you.  Even Adobe but I think you only get a few free before you have to pay andI don't knbow how well that work.

Keep up the good work.
Dan

Prince of Thieves

I'll be working on it some this upcoming week, I doubt I'll have enough time to get it finished between now and a trip I have planed on the 12th. I'll be gone for about 10 day but I intend to continue working on it when I return. Well thanks for the interest.
Ironic humor dragged down all the twilight minarets he reared, and the earthy fear of improbability blasted all of the delicate and amazing flowers in his feary gardens.
-H.P. Lovecraft, The Silver Key

Tom

Quote from: Prince of ThievesI'm not sure about a PDF, I don't know if there is any free pdf publishing software

May I make a suggestion? Drop MS-Word and use OpenOffice. It's free, it's much like the ms office suite, many people say it's better than the ms versions and can export directly to PDF.

[/url]

Ian.Plumb

Hi,

Quote from: Prince of ThievesI'm not sure about a PDF, I don't know if there is any free pdf publishing software (Anyone know? I'll do some checking too).(SNIP)

I've tried to send a PM to you but have yet to receive a response. No doubt I've stuffed the PM process somehow. Anyway, I can help with the PDF production. If you want assistance email me directly. ian.plumb at griffingrove.com.au.

Cheers,