News:

Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.

Main Menu

My mini supp draft is finally done

Started by Ashren Va'Hale, August 02, 2004, 12:34:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ashren Va'Hale

I have finished my mini supp draft for gelure. Saddly it is handwritten at the moment so it needs to be ported to softcopy but once that is done it will need only editing.

The supp features a lot of what I would call soft info. It takes alot of what we know about gelure and explands it further. Chain of command and internal and external politics are expanded and I have a crap load of NPC's (25) and a full set of pregen characters for use by players. I have about 15 adventure hoods so far that are ideal for teh pregens but can be used by anyone and everyone and rank from local scale to absolute epic campaign level. I also have a whole chapter on the scary ways magic can be used and a section on the legends of Uglub which details the many tales that all claim to know who and what he really is.  Anyways, the one thing the supplement really lacks is nitty gritty details. I don't go into the economics of each province nor the names and ranks of all the nobility. I give the major politics, the current schemes and the general details but I leave out the tiny details. I do this for two reasons, one: I am lazy, Two: I think too much detail paints the seneschal into a corner. If I only give ideas then the seneschal has room to move.

This whole supp is designed as a gm tool to give you ideas for campaigns and adventures not as the CIA world fact book Weyrth, Gelure chapter.

So... How much demand is there for the tiny details?
Does anyone have legends of Uglub they want to submit for the mini supp?
Does anyone have any special requests? Is there something about gelure you just wish was explained or at least postulated on?
Philosophy: Take whatever is not nailed down, for the rest, well thats what movement is for!

Claymore

Quote from: Ashren Va'HaleI have finished my mini supp draft for gelure. Saddly it is handwritten at the moment so it needs to be ported to softcopy but once that is done it will need only editing.

The supp features a lot of what I would call soft info. It takes alot of what we know about gelure and explands it further. Chain of command and internal and external politics are expanded and I have a crap load of NPC's (25) and a full set of pregen characters for use by players. I have about 15 adventure hoods so far that are ideal for teh pregens but can be used by anyone and everyone and rank from local scale to absolute epic campaign level. I also have a whole chapter on the scary ways magic can be used and a section on the legends of Uglub which details the many tales that all claim to know who and what he really is.  Anyways, the one thing the supplement really lacks is nitty gritty details. I don't go into the economics of each province nor the names and ranks of all the nobility. I give the major politics, the current schemes and the general details but I leave out the tiny details. I do this for two reasons, one: I am lazy, Two: I think too much detail paints the seneschal into a corner. If I only give ideas then the seneschal has room to move.

This whole supp is designed as a gm tool to give you ideas for campaigns and adventures not as the CIA world fact book Weyrth, Gelure chapter.

So... How much demand is there for the tiny details?
Does anyone have legends of Uglub they want to submit for the mini supp?
Does anyone have any special requests? Is there something about gelure you just wish was explained or at least postulated on?

Ashren, could you please put a copy of this over at the Weyrth forum at //www.trosforums.com we are trying to open all new threads there. Thanks!
George
Driftwood Publishing
claymore@theriddleofsteel.net
www.theriddleofsteel.net
www.trosforums.com

Ashren Va'Hale

See my question I placed there, I couldn't figure out what section this would fit under :)

In the mean time I figured it could go here.

I'll put it in the discussion on weyrth section and you can just move it when you want to.
Philosophy: Take whatever is not nailed down, for the rest, well thats what movement is for!