News:

Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.

Main Menu

Question about skill selection

Started by chade0, July 15, 2004, 05:18:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

chade0

After choosing skill packets, you can use your MA to pick new skills or lower the ones in the packets.

My question is:

Can you lower the same skill with more than one point, or do you have to use your MA-points in different skills (1 for each skill)?

Sneaky Git

Quote from: chade0After choosing skill packets, you can use your MA to pick new skills or lower the ones in the packets.

My question is:

Can you lower the same skill with more than one point, or do you have to use your MA-points in different skills (1 for each skill)?

According to page 20 of the RoS mainbook, a new character with an MA of 5 "could have five additional skills (each one must be approved by the Seneschal), speak 5 languages other than his native tongue, lower the SR of 5 individual [emphasis added] skills, or take any combination thereof."

To me, this says that you may apply only one of your bonus MA points to any one skill.

Chris
Molon labe.
"Come and get them."

- Leonidas of Sparta, in response to Xerxes' demand that the Spartans lay down their arms.

chade0

Yeah, that's how I undestand it too, the only thing that confuses me is the Character Generator program which lets you lower one skill with as many MA points as you want to.

Sneaky Git

Quote from: chade0Yeah, that's how I undestand it too, the only thing that confuses me is the Character Generator program which lets you lower one skill with as many MA points as you want to.

Although really cool and darn useful, I'm not certain if the Character Generator is considered to supercede the rules in the main book (when they differ).

In any case, I'd still follow the rulebook.

Chris
Molon labe.
"Come and get them."

- Leonidas of Sparta, in response to Xerxes' demand that the Spartans lay down their arms.

Jake Norwood

I generally don't allow more than 2 points to any skill, but that's just me.

Jake
"Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing." -R.E. Howard The Tower of the Elephant