News:

Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.

Main Menu

Master Screen

Started by Degamer, July 12, 2004, 07:46:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Degamer

Anyone know where I might pick up on of thoose Master Screens mentioned on the main TROS site?  The web site is  down, and I would love to get ahold of one.

Tash

Wait for the site to coem back up.  They are in the downloads section.

If that doesn't work PM me I can email the PDf to you.
"And even triumph is bitter, when only the battle is counted..."  - Samael "Rebellion"

Jake Norwood

I'm not sure why the site was down, but it's back up now.

Jake
"Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing." -R.E. Howard The Tower of the Elephant

MikeJW

The TRoS site isn't down, it's the link to citizen games and it's been down for a long time. I'd like to find a master screen myself.

Tash

Get 3 peices of cardboard and some tape.
"And even triumph is bitter, when only the battle is counted..."  - Samael "Rebellion"

MikeJW

I've got three pieces of card board and tape. Nothings happening. I've thrown the tape at the cardboard, hit the tape with the card board, thrown the card board at my dog who buried it. None of the above has helped. I've made my own screen but I'd rather have something better than my frankenstein monstrosity.

Richard_Strey

That's because you are rushing things.

You need to
Look at Table ("You see Three Pieces of Cardboard and a Roll of Tape")
Get Three Pieces of Cardboard ("Done")
Get Tape ("Done")
Look at Three Pieces of Cardboard ("You see Three Pieces of Cardboard")
Look at Tape ("You see a Roll of Tape")
Use Tape with Three Pieces of Cardboard ("Done")
Look at Gadget ("You see an Improvised Masterscreen")
Open Improvised Masterscreen ("Done")
Put Improvised Masterscreen on Table ("Done")

How to use it will be covered in Part Two of my walkthrough, "Printing out and sticking on the info pages." Have fun!

Jake Norwood

Hey y'all, play nice.

Last year at Gen Con they introduced the 4-panel masterscreen and things looked good. I have since then heard a rumor that they closed shop.

Jake
"Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing." -R.E. Howard The Tower of the Elephant

Jason L Blair

Great White Games (formerly Pinnacle) has a blank GM Screen (in WIDESCREEN format) that you can order from them (www.greatwhitegames.com) or pick up at your local store.
Jason L Blair
Writer, Game Designer

Dain

*grin*...well,...you know those big cardboard windshield foldouts with "call police" on one side?...well with the accordian action there you're already setup, no tape required, and you have a ton of room to post critical tables and such....and even dedicated GM dice watchers and GM note readers have a heck of a time trying to cheat. Of course on the down side, when it goes silent at the table you're never really sure if they all went out for pizza and the tape recorder just ran out or if they're secretly plotting against you. Careful if you jump up on your chair to look over and see, those lighting fixtures or chandeliers hanging over the table can really hurt.

MikeJW

I think Dains on to something here. Or I could tape the charts onto a wall in my room and have the players sit in the hall while I yell out the results. Neighbors might get concerned though. "You've cut his arm off, he's bleeding to death." Anyway, thanks Jason and it was all in good fun Jake. This isn't rpg.net.

Degamer

The screen at greatwhitegames looks interesting.  The rest of you have far to much time on your hands.  :)

Claymore

Quote from: Jake NorwoodHey y'all, play nice.

Last year at Gen Con they introduced the 4-panel masterscreen and things looked good. I have since then heard a rumor that they closed shop.

Jake

I wasn't terribly impressed with their three panel version, so I just just stapled the pages to two files folders and presto, a RoS GM's Screen!

-Claymore
George
Driftwood Publishing
claymore@theriddleofsteel.net
www.theriddleofsteel.net
www.trosforums.com

Salamander

Quote from: Claymore
Quote from: Jake NorwoodHey y'all, play nice.

Jake

I wasn't terribly impressed with their three panel version, so I just just stapled the pages to two files folders and presto, a RoS GM's Screen!

-Claymore

Actually, the four panel is a huge step up. I have been using mine for the last year and a half with great results.
"Don't fight your opponent's sword, fight your opponent. For as you fight my sword, I shall fight you. My sword shall be nicked, your body shall be peirced through and I shall have a new sword".

Tywin Lannister

The Quad MasterScreen, which I use for my TRoS games, can be purchased from http://www.leisuregames.com
The trees bend their boughs towards the earth and nighttime birds float as black faces.