News:

Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.

Main Menu

Please see our new forums: http://www.trosforums.com

Started by Claymore, August 02, 2004, 01:24:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Claymore

Our new forums site: //www.trosforums.com is now live! Please go over and take a look. We will still be using our Forge forum until the end of the month to help smooth the transition, but try to open up new posts at Trosforums.

Again, I want to thank Ron and the rest of the Forge for helping us through this interesting time, you have all been a great help! I hope to see all of you over at Trosforums soon!
George
Driftwood Publishing
claymore@theriddleofsteel.net
www.theriddleofsteel.net
www.trosforums.com

Sir Mathodius Black

will we need to register again, or will our accounts be carried over to the new site?
"God helps those who helps themselves."

Judd

Tried to register under the name, Paka, but the link it sent my e-mail account wouldn't work.

Durgil

I re-registered with my Forge user name and info, and everything worked great for me.
Tony Hamilton

Horror has a face... and you must make a friend of horror.  Horror and moral terror are your friends.  If they are not then they are enemies to be feared.  They are truly enemies.

Claymore

Quote from: PakaTried to register under the name, Paka, but the link it sent my e-mail account wouldn't work.

For some reason, some email programs don't like the links we send out. Try cutting and pasting it. It should work fine then.
George
Driftwood Publishing
www.theriddleofsteel.net
www.trosforums.com

Claymore

Quote from: Sir Mathodius Blackwill we need to register again, or will our accounts be carried over to the new site?

No, you will need to re-register.
George
Driftwood Publishing
www.theriddleofsteel.net
www.trosforums.com

Judd

Quote from: Claymore
Quote from: PakaTried to register under the name, Paka, but the link it sent my e-mail account wouldn't work.

For some reason, some email programs don't like the links we send out. Try cutting and pasting it. It should work fine then.

I tired that and it just isn't working.

I'll try again on a different computer later in the day.

My computer's been wonky for a while now.

Mike Holmes

I just got on and have posted up a storm. It's very nice, very TROS looking. And very fast. I recommend people get on over and check it out.

Oh, what's going to happen to the content here? There's some stuff that I really want to keep if, heaven forbid, this stuff is going away. Tell me that I don't have to dig it out and that it'll be archived somewhere please. ?

Mike
Member of Indie Netgaming
-Get your indie game fix online.

Claymore

Quote from: Mike HolmesI just got on and have posted up a storm. It's very nice, very TROS looking. And very fast. I recommend people get on over and check it out.

Oh, what's going to happen to the content here? There's some stuff that I really want to keep if, heaven forbid, this stuff is going away. Tell me that I don't have to dig it out and that it'll be archived somewhere please. ?

Mike

Ron has assured me that the forum will be archived.
George
Driftwood Publishing
www.theriddleofsteel.net
www.trosforums.com

Judd

Mine still isn't working.  I've cut and pasted the address line on two different computers in two different states and it still won't work.

Thoughts?

Is there any way to, as the forum administrator, automatically complete my registration?

Claymore

Quote from: PakaMine still isn't working.  I've cut and pasted the address line on two different computers in two different states and it still won't work.

Thoughts?

Is there any way to, as the forum administrator, automatically complete my registration?

My webmaster is working on it. I have no idea what is going on. We already have 42 users, you are the only one with this problem. You broke it! :-)

I should have you up in a bit.
George
Driftwood Publishing
www.theriddleofsteel.net
www.trosforums.com

Brian Leybourne

Mike, This forum will remain here, archived. At some point, I will update the forum directory here, and post it over to the new TROSforums.com so that people can easily refer back to stuff here.

In fact, any volunteers to help with that task? I'll think of a nice reward for anyone who wants to take that on. Maybe a sneak peek at some TFOB stuff? (Assuming my new boss doesn't strike me down for even suggesting that).

PM me if you have time and are keen.

Brian.
Brian Leybourne
bleybourne@gmail.com

RPG Books: Of Beasts and Men, The Flower of Battle, The TROS Companion

Emiricol

The forums seem to be non-existant this morning...

Claymore

Quote from: EmiricolThe forums seem to be non-existant this morning...

Forum will back up shortly, it went down at about 12:00.
George
Driftwood Publishing
www.theriddleofsteel.net
www.trosforums.com

Claymore

Site is back up. You can read why it went down here:

----
At approximately 1:25pm EST, our hosting company shut down our site due to a utilization threshold being exceeded. We were not given any warning as to the disabling of our site. The site is back up and we believe we have corrected the issue with our hosting company.

It is very unfortunate that we did not have the site available for you, as we are appreciate the support and amount of "buzz" this new forum is generating. Thank you.

Your friendly neighborhood Webmaster
George
Driftwood Publishing
www.theriddleofsteel.net
www.trosforums.com