News:

Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.

Main Menu

[GenCon 2004] Booth Tour idea? (anyone w/ own booth?)

Started by daMoose_Neo, August 05, 2004, 12:12:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Keith Senkowski

Hi,

I like the one sheet idea too (now that I think more about it) and would be willing to put money towards it to get a two sided piece printed (meaning I like this idea and lets do it that way). I think at this point we need to have an idea of who is interested in being on it.

If I had more time I would work up a cartoony map, which would be cool, but I got too much going on at the home front to devote that kind of time to it.

So to summarize:

1. Need definative list of people willing to participate (with info).
2. Need to figure out number of copies.
3. Need to get cost.
4. Need to get it done.

Keith
Conspiracy of Shadows: Revised Edition
Everything about the game, from the mechanics, to the artwork, to the layout just screams creepy, creepy, creepy at me. I love it.
~ Paul Tevis, Have Games, Will Travel

daMoose_Neo

Understood on the map, the official GC exhibit map was all I was thinking of for this~

I'll split cost on it, just collar me at GC to collect (Prolly end up printing some myself).
Question: How we going to nab other indy booths? We have 3 booths so far (me, Forge, AdAstra) and ballpark 21 titles.
Nate Petersen / daMoose
Neo Productions Unlimited! Publisher of Final Twilight card game, Imp Game RPG, and more titles to come!

Keith Senkowski

Hi,

Well, I printed up the exhibitor list and I am going through the list and googling companies that I have no idea who they are and seeing if they look to be indie.  If they do then I figured I would send them an email.  I'll put together the list and post it here first though.  If you have any other suggestions let me know.

What I was figuring is (for printing) that the best way to do this might be for each individual group (booth/company) to print them up on their own.  When the PDF is done I can send out an email with a link and folks can download it and use it as they will.  That way no one has to hunt anyone down for more than beer money or to play games.

Keith
Everything about the game, from the mechanics, to the artwork, to the layout just screams creepy, creepy, creepy at me. I love it.

AdAstraGames

If Keith can do it for free, even better...

I have access to a PoD facility as part of Ad Astra Games.

I was going to suggest running 1000 of them, divvied up a few hundred each in each booth on the show.
Attack Vector: Tactical
Spaceship Combat Meets Real Science
http://www.adastragames.com/

Keith Senkowski

Hi,

Okay, so here is a list of companies I came up with.  This is just based upon what is listed on the exhibitor list so I don't have any of the many companies for the Forge Booth outside the 4 bigs.  Take a look and point out if any of them aren't really indie or if I missed someone.  This is all based off of quick google searches via company name.

Ad Astra/Final Sword/Timeline
Adept Press/Driftwood Publishing/Ramshead Publishing/Burning Wheel
Apophis Consortium
Bastion Press
BBRACK Productions/DarkFuries Publishing
Black Dragon Press
Blood & Cardstock Games/Interactivities Ink/Firefly Games/Dogtown Games
Cheapass Games/Dead Ant Games
Visionary Entertainment Studios
Cloud Kingdom Games
Dragonlords, Inc
Dust bunny Games
EOS Press/Pagan Publishing
Face 2 Face Games/MonkeyGod Enterprises
Fast Forward Entertainment
Geeks Cubed
GoldLeaf Games
Infernal Funhouse Productions
Laughing Pan Productions
Neo Productions Unlimited
Pandahead Productions
Sanguine Productions
Smirk and Dagger Games
Z-man Games

Keith

Matt Snyder

Please consider adding Jason Blair's company, Key 20 Publishing. I believe Key 20 will be at booth #1312.
Matt Snyder
www.chimera.info

"The future ain't what it used to be."
--Yogi Berra

smokewolf

Fast Foward is not indie, they are the ones that got the RPG rights from Wizkids for the old FASA stuff who then started Fan Pro (or is allowing Fan Pro to use it, not sure there). But they are pretty big.
Keith Taylor
93 Games Studio
www.93gamesstudio.com

As Real As It Gets

Ben Lehman

Keith Senkowski

Hi,

Key 20 noted.  Fast forward noted.  Does Wicked Dead have their own booths.  The list above is from the exhibitor list on the GenCon website and does not cover anyone not listed (like my own company which is a part of the Forge one).

Keith

daMoose_Neo

I'm going to weigh a 'No' vote on Key 20 - they aren't developers so much as they are distributors~ They may have some indie stuff not featured elsewhere, but are they running demos? And how much of it is repeat business? (I KNOW I've seen Luke's BW there)
Nate Petersen / daMoose
Neo Productions Unlimited! Publisher of Final Twilight card game, Imp Game RPG, and more titles to come!

daMoose_Neo

Quote from: Bob Goat
What I was figuring is (for printing) that the best way to do this might be for each individual group (booth/company) to print them up on their own.  

Agreed, sounds good ^_^ Then we can also (some of us at least) print as we need (plan on having a laptop or PC available for me peeps, so we can get away with that ^_^ BTW, anyone know how that whole car battery + inverter  was done up??)
Nate Petersen / daMoose

Matt Snyder

I haven't been following this thread closely enough to recognize the company requirements for this project.

That said, Key 20 Publishing is indeed an indie publisher. They publish Little Fears and Wyrd Is Bond. Jason Blair wrote both games, and he is the editorial leader/owner of the company.

Key 20 Distribution also distributes many indie games.

Also, as I understand it, they will be featuring indie games by Wicked Dead Brewing Company, aka Jared Sorensen & John Wick. I'm sure they'll be offering InSpectres, octaNe, Lacuna, and Enemy Gods.

So, yes, Key 20 is an indie publisher of its own products. I don't know whether they will be running demos. Ask
Matt Snyder
www.chimera.info

"The future ain't what it used to be."
--Yogi Berra

Ron Edwards

Hello,

I'll be going over the list, because ... I gotta be blunt ... we have use to the Forge definition of "independent" if this map is to be given out at the booth. And frankly, it's not going to be easy, and I'll be drawing harsh lines that will please no one.

Give me a couple of days, though. Some of this will require inqujring. Keith, if you're already emailing people, let's coordinate on what you should be asking them.

Best,
Ron

Keith Senkowski

Ron,

I wanted to have a list first that is agreed upon by the folks here before I started to contact folks.  As it stands right now I plan on makingh it a two sided 11x17 with the map on one side and company info on the other.  I'm going to liven the map up a bit too to make it stand out from the convention map everyone else will have.  Once we have a definative list I'll need a day to work up the mock for all to check out.

As far as distribution/printing, I like the idea of making it the participant's option to print there own.  I'm going to try and print up at least 500 for the Forge booth.

Keith

AdAstraGames

Normally, when I take on a print job, I ask for half up front, half on delivery.

There's no way you folks could get me half up front in a sensible time frame.

I am quite willing to print these up and can do it on short turnaround if Keith can't do it...but I do need to make sure that the cost is spread out to something beyond my own company.

My essential plan was to boil down the exhibitors hall plan (in PDF on the GenCon website) into an 11x17, load it into photoshop, slap another layer on top of it, fill it with white, set it to 50% transparency, and delete the sections covering the relevant booths (thus, you get a map just like the one the attendees have, with all the other booths grayed out.

On the reverse, I'd try (if there was space) to do two lists:

One list by genre (Science fiction:  Attack Vector: Tactical, Ad Astra Games, booth 1236)

One list by publisher:  Ad Astra Games, booth 1236
Attack Vector: Tactical
Spaceship Combat Meets Real Science
http://www.adastragames.com/