News:

Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.

Main Menu

[GC 04] Forge Booth Menu Flyer

Started by Luke, August 10, 2004, 06:15:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Luke

Hi guys,

i whipped up this half-page flyer for GenCon.

I just realized that it's a really big file, so be warned before DLing it. But if you are exhibiting at our booth, you might want to take a look at it and see if I missed anything.

http://www.burningwheel.org/pdf/gencon04.pdf

Simple, readable and photocopy/laser printable were the buzzwords for this design. Not meant to be fancy at all.

-L

smokewolf

Keith Taylor
93 Games Studio
www.93gamesstudio.com

As Real As It Gets

Keith Senkowski

Hi,

There is something so satisfying about seeing your creation in print.  It looks nice.  Is it supposed to be printed side by side on one 8.5 x 11?  Are you printing up a bunch or do you need to have all of us print up some copies and bring them?

Keith
Conspiracy of Shadows: Revised Edition
Everything about the game, from the mechanics, to the artwork, to the layout just screams creepy, creepy, creepy at me. I love it.
~ Paul Tevis, Have Games, Will Travel

Luke

Hi Keith,

Personally, I was planning on printing a few hundred on colored cardstock and handing them out to everyone at the booth.

If you'd like to take the initiative and print out some, that's cool. But remember, we can't flyer anywhere except at our booth. So having thousands of these things would be overkill.

The final set up will be 2-up front and back on a landscape 8.5x11 piece of paper. Trim down the middle and voila!

-L

Keith Senkowski

Hi,

I don't think I will be able to print any.  It depends on if the "GenCon 2004 Indie Booth Tour" brochure is going to happen.  If it does that will be my printing budget, so to speak.  If it doesn't I'll print out some.  I'm going to have friends running demos as much as possible of my game in the free gaming areas and have them passing stuff out during.

Keith
Everything about the game, from the mechanics, to the artwork, to the layout just screams creepy, creepy, creepy at me. I love it.

Valamir

Be very careful about that.

The rules are very clear that the Open play tables in the exhibit hall are NOT to be used by exhibitors trying to sell product and they hint that the area will be policed (empty threat maybe...maybe not) to detect offenders.  They specifically direct exhibitors to stay out of the open demo area and demo only in your own paid booth space.

So if you have...ringers...so to speak running games in the open play area, make sure they do NOT refer to them as demos.  Do NOT openly sell or promote.  And do NOT indicate they are "with the Forge booth".

If they are just avid fans wanting to share their joy at a great new game they found and trying to get players for a quick game cause they can't wait to try it...and then they just happen to mention to interested parties that the bought their copy over in the Forge booth...that they could probably get away with.  Passing stuff out...I'd be leary.

edited for typos

Keith Senkowski

Hi,

Thanks for the heads up.  I had no idea.  I just assumed my...er ringers.. could run pick up games and point people to the Forge booth.  I had planned on them handing out coupons to people they played with.  I guess I will have to coach them on what to say and what not to say and come up with some other way of spreading the joy.  Anyone else handing out coupons and have a plan for how to do it?

Where these rules always in place?  Keep in mind that the last time I did more than a single day of GenCon was in the early 90s.

Keith

Valamir

Couldn't tell you what the rules have been before.  I don't recall there being open gaming tables in the exhibitor hall last year.

The rules are in the Exhibitor packet that went out to the named exhibitors which in our case are the 4 main sponsors.

daMoose_Neo

I think the packet even makes reference to this being the first year with Open Gaming Tables, they make up the one corner and back wall where Wizards had the Magic Museum last year.
And from what I can see, several of these rules have been in place for a couple years at the least~
One thing I didn't see though was a regulation on handing things out OUTSIDE the convention. And I remember last year people handing things out as my girlfriend and I were waiting in line (course we had a three/four hour wait, which shouldn't be happening this year). Most of that was for area businesses however, but as I said hadn't seen anything regulating exhibitors.
Easiest way to 'inform' without crossing too many boundaries- just have *all* of your 'ringers' playing an adventure, people are apt to stop and say "Hey, whats that?" Make sure they have some bags and what not and keep a couple Forge sheets and maybe the Booth Tour sheets (for the map ^_^) so they can say "Yea, its this cool new game about conspiracies and stuff! Its a lot of fun, we got it at that Forge booth".
Technically speaking, all they're doing is expounding the virtues of the game while saying where it was purchased, but it is NOT a sales pitch ^_^
Nate Petersen / daMoose
Neo Productions Unlimited! Publisher of Final Twilight card game, Imp Game RPG, and more titles to come!

Luke

GUYS!

Get yer own damn thread.

Yes, I'm a moderator.
-Luke

Keith Senkowski

Luke,

Back on task....

Are you going to create a version of the file as a spread so it is easier to print out correctly?

Keith

Luke

Yes, later this week, after I get feedback and mistakes and such out of the way.

-L

Paul Czege

Hey Luke,

Are you interested in game-specific font usage for the back side of the sheet? You've done it for some games and not for others.

Paul
My Life with Master knows codependence.
And if you're doing anything with your Acts of Evil ashcan license, of course I'm curious and would love to hear about your plans

Luke

Quote from: Paul CzegeHey Luke,

Are you interested in game-specific font usage for the back side of the sheet? You've done it for some games and not for others.

Paul

I did it for kpfs because i have the font and because i can't put kpfs in print without it being in a wierd typewriter font. I originally had them all uniform and the phone rang:

"Hello?"
"Luke. Satan."
"Uh... H-h-hi, um, sir?"
"Let's dispense with the formalities, shall we?"
"Sure... Can I, um, do anything for you?"
"The title of Vincent's game."
"Yeah?"
"In print, is is always rendered as lowercase."
"R-r-right."
"And spice it a bit, huh? That Akzidenz Grotesque just doesn't cut mustard for kill puppies for me, you know? So why don't you do me this one little favor and give it a tweak. How about Harting? That's a nice distressed typewriter font."
"S-s-sure."
"Thanks. Ciao."
::click::
::dial tone::

If you really want to send a font, you can. But I can't make any promises.

-L

Keith Senkowski

Luke,

I noticed that your map of the Con is different than the PDF I downloaded off of the GenCon site.  Which is correct?  If it is yours do you have a large copy of that map or the location of where I can get it?

Keith