News:

Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.

Main Menu

Does anyone have advice for a non-USA gaming company

Started by Blankshield, August 27, 2004, 04:42:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blankshield

I realize that's very vague, and I am checking avenues other than the forge, but there's a lot of small press expertise on here that is worth trying to draw on.

I'm in Canada and considering starting a "me and my dog" publishing company, for the legal and tax convenience, basically.

Are there any active Canadian publishers on the forge or are all of you guys south of the border?  If so, are there any particular stumbling blocks I should be looking out for WRT publishing north of 49?

The US is one of (if not the) largest available RPG markets.  Are there any complications that foreign RPG sellers have had selling across the border (not including the particular twists of Canada's export regulations; those I will have to track down on my own).  Both print and electronic formats.

I'm specifically looking for country-of-origin and Canada specific things here, not "things any company should look out for"  There's lots of that in other threads here, but I didn't find anything relevent on a search of publishing for "Canada".

thanks,

James
I write games. My games don't have much in common with each other, except that I wrote them.

http://www.blankshieldpress.com/