News:

Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.

Main Menu

[Dogs] Dice

Started by 8bitjunkie, August 29, 2004, 09:51:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

8bitjunkie

I am ordering DitV on the 1st and I realize I have some time on my hands to prepare as the lumpley games press is smokin'.

From the RPG.net thread of Judd's I found out that DitV uses d4, d6, d8, d10. How many of each should I have for each player to play comfortably and without having to write down rolls?

Edit: oops, also how many for the GM?

-Jeff

lumpley

Hey Jeff!

I generally just put all the dice in a bowl on the table and we pull what we need.  A couple of people I play with always bring their own dice but mostly we share.

In a bowl on the table you'll want a huge number of d6s, twenty or so, plus at least six each of d4s, d8s and d10s.  Eight to ten each might be better.  (As an individual player or GM bringing your own dice, you might want half of that - 10d6, 3d4, 3d8, 3d10 - plus a die or three to better fit your character, like if you happen to have lots of d8s on your character sheet for instance.)

The flow of dice into and out of the bowl is brisk.  You absolutely don't need enough dice to cover all of everybody's Stats, Traits and Relationships at once.

-Vincent

8bitjunkie

Sounds like my group would be fine getting and dumping a Chessex's pound-of-dice set in a community dice bowl...thanks!

-Jeff

lumpley

That's what I did at GenCon - a Chessex mugful of dice, plus a dozen $0.15 d6s.

-Vincent