News:

Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.

Main Menu

Penultimate Final Update on the 2003 Indie RPG Awards

Started by Andy Kitkowski, September 08, 2004, 03:20:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Andy Kitkowski

Hey all, as most of you should know, the Indie RPG Awards went down on Wednesday night before GenCon.  That was the actual ceremony.  The next morning, my lovely wife and lovelier design consultant uploaded the winners to the site.

And... blah.  Update.

However, I wasn't quite done. I had some layout and formatting errors to fix, I had photos to upload, I had more to say about Luke. And most importantly, and what was holding me back from releasing the regular "PR Flood" (which will happen this weekend on GamingReport, etc), was that I wanted to do justice to last year's entries and participants by getting the "2002 Registrants" and "2002 Winners" links working again.

The only thing broken at this point, which will be fixed tonight (eench Allah) is that the 2002 Human of the Year award (which went to Ron) points to the 2003 Human Power of the Year page, which is Luke. But I'll hopefully have that fixed soon.

Anyway, just wanted to let you guys know that this is pretty much it, the RPG Awards in all their glory, ready to be gander'ed at.  Also, wanted to explain the lack of me throwing PRs out there.

In approx 1 week, I will be gathering feedback from the voters of the 2003 Indie RPG Awards, and I plan to present some relevant results here in the upcoming Feedback Thread, and ask for your feedback as well for next years' awards.

Consider this the "Hey guys, Congrats!" thread.

EDIT: Duh.  www.rpg-awards.com
The Story Games Community - It's like RPGNet for small press games and new play styles.

Luke

QuoteThat's right, LUKE CRANE has been STRIPPED of the INDIE HUMAN OF THE YEAR AWARD

HEY!

um...

Quotehe is definitely not human.

Hey!

Quote2003 Indie Power of the Year

Er...

I, uh, accept? Do I get to have a super-power now? Can I be a ninja like Andy?

::poof, eggshell grenade::

Thanks Andy et omnes.
-L

Marco

Rock on, Andy. Great job--seriously.

I'm very, very glad you decided to include free games/supplements as you did. You are the man (come to Florida and the beer's on me).

-Marco
---------------------------------------------
JAGS (Just Another Gaming System)
a free, high-quality, universal system at:
http://www.jagsrpg.org
Just Released: JAGS Wonderland

Keith Senkowski

Quote from: abzuI, uh, accept? Do I get to have a super-power now? Can I be a ninja like Andy?

::poof, eggshell grenade::

Thanks Andy et omnes.
-L

Wait a second... Luke is a ninja now?  This isn't fair.  Now he isn't going to strike from the shadows with copies of the Monster Burner flying into the back of my head...

Congrats Luke.

Andy, you did a damn fine job.  I look forward to next year's awards.

Keith
Conspiracy of Shadows: Revised Edition
Everything about the game, from the mechanics, to the artwork, to the layout just screams creepy, creepy, creepy at me. I love it.
~ Paul Tevis, Have Games, Will Travel

Ben Lehman

Understand that I say this with no particular ill-will towards the Indie RPG Awards:

This is one of those times when the award itself is honored by the recipient at least as much as the recipient is honored by the award.  It's just that *right*

The only question is: Ron and Luke ... who's next?

yrs--
--Ben

P.S.  I also have to say that I'm superglad that FATE won at least some awards in a year (rightfully) dominated by MLwM.  It's an awesome game.

Paul Czege

Yikes...through the grapevine it seems there's some confusion about the cash award. If you left the award ceremony thinking, "Holy shit! Who donated that cash award?," I offer a point of clarification.  The award was not $6000. It was ¥6000 (that's $55 to us Yanks).

Paul
My Life with Master knows codependence.
And if you're doing anything with your Acts of Evil ashcan license, of course I'm curious and would love to hear about your plans

Ed Cha

Great job on the awards, Andy.

Also, good job on detecting the true nature of The Abzu. There was a lot of question about the "human" part in certain circles.
Founder and Chairman, Indie Press Revolution
http://www.indiepressrevolution.com
FREE shipping on the best in indie games

CEO, Open World Press
http://www.openworldpress.com
Publisher of the critically-acclaimed "World of Whitethorn" series