News:

Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.

Main Menu

An intense model for the "average person" NPC.

Started by Gaiaguerrilla, September 10, 2004, 01:23:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gaiaguerrilla

The goal of this post is to make an elaborate description of the average person, using many different Rpgs.

A big problem in my game design is probably that I'm not asking what the actual person is really like (imaginary fuels it uses / capabilities it has), because every PC I imagine is really based on this single model. So if someone could direct me to a project like this (which probably makes this thread useless), or would enjoy brainstorming with me a big scenario that would cover this subject, I'll try some examples.

I wanted to use the name "Billie-bob" and "Mary-jane" for the average people. (It seemed to work better than "Joe-blow" / "John and Jane-doe" ). If the use for the names are offensive (impractical) in some way, I'll apologize and change it.

*WoD Willpower

Billie-bob using World of Darkness Willpower probably spends one temporary Willpower per day. One expenditure of Willpower is enough for Billie to wake up to the alarm, swallow his anger at the boss, and keep himself together to get the job done.

On a particularly bad day, Billie will throw in another Willpower just to be extra nice. Billie has a bonus power of spending one Willpower at a time for one extra dot in Etiquette (only one at a time, lasts for one Scene).

Days that need extra Willpower include those where Billie has to work overtime, is starting a new job, is doing mid-terms, is in the dog-house with the soon-to-be ex-girlfriend, or is working up the courage for something big (asking out Mary-jane, asking for a raise, getting the plumber to check out the sink after two years of malfunction).