News:

Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.

Main Menu

[Timestream] Playtesters (Finally) Wanted

Started by Nathan P., September 12, 2004, 04:31:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nathan P.

Hey guys,

A couple months ago I started work on Timestream, a game of spiffy narrative-based time travel. I was in and out of the forums for a bit, but I don't necessarily expect to ring any bells, this coming after a summer of not-very-much internet access.

Be that as it may, I've been working on the game for the last couple months, and it's finally in a form that I feel is ready for criticism. So I'm putting out the call for playtesters or cold readers - basically, any feedback I can get would be wonderful.

Why I think you should check out the game:

- It supports a very wide array of character concepts and abilities, suitable for play in any time period you can imagine.

- It clocks in at about 30 pages, and the rules covered everything I that came up in my own playtest group. The amount of flexibility here is pretty damn good.

- It's designed to play like reading a book or watching a movie. Recreate The Time Machine or Back To The Future, or make up your own story.

- Time travel is cool.

- Integrated GM-less play, for those who are into that.

- Playtesters get a good deal on a copy of the final published version.

- I'll read yours if you read mine. I don't have the time or ability to actually play right now, but I'll read your work-in-progress and give you feedback on it.

- There's more than just Time Travel - Temporal Manipulation is tons of fun too!

- Don't take my word for it. Check out some old versions in the Downloads section of http://www.hamsterprophetproductions.com">my website. See if they tickle your fancy.

So there ya go. PM or mailto:webmaster@hamsterprophetproductions.com">email me if you're interested, or have any questions. Thanks.
Nathan P.
--
Find Annalise
---
My Games | ndp design
Also | carry. a game about war.
I think Design Matters