News:

Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.

Main Menu

White Silver Publishing website goes Live

Started by balrog21, October 09, 2004, 01:01:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

balrog21

Hi Everyone,
Just wanted to let you all know that our website went live yesterday. We are still tweaking it so to speak so some of the links and backgrounds are not yet functional.  If you can't see the site please let me know, we have configured it to work with all browsers so if you can't read or see it we will correct the problem ASAP!
//www.whitesilverpublishing.com
Also, if you are reading the Author Submissions wanted post I made earlier reread the second post here if you have any questions:
http://www.indie-rpgs.com/viewtopic.php?t=12882
We have started two of our contests. They can be viewed in the company section of the website under contests. We hope to see some entries.
As always we are still looking for more play testers if your interested just email me:johnp@whitesilverpublishing.com
Best,
John Prescott - President - White Silver Publishing[/url]

daMoose_Neo

Tip: Ditch the frames. At this point in time on the net they scream "n00b". The only time I see those any more are the few Angelfire or Geocities (or whatever they are now) that pop up on my net searches.
Use tables, stylesheets and includes to craft a better site- the tables put everything together, stylesheets cut down on the typing and introduce more formality to the structure of the code and the includes allow you to do the same thing you are with the frames, but with a more steamlined look and feel to it.

Just a little heads up! Graphics look spiffy, streamline it a little more and you'll have a good start to a web site!
Nate Petersen / daMoose
Neo Productions Unlimited! Publisher of Final Twilight card game, Imp Game RPG, and more titles to come!

Jack Aidley

I concur - drop the frames, they make it look very newbie (nice graphics on the navigation bit though). Also, drop the "best viewed in" nonsense - no-one will change their resolution to view your site (and most LCD monitors are fixed res.) - so make your site work in any res.

Good luck!
- Jack Aidley, Great Ork Gods, Iron Game Chef (Fantasy): Chanter