News:

Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.

Main Menu

[Traveller] Vargar Hijinx

Started by Bill Cook, October 12, 2004, 08:01:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bill Cook

We played our last session of the campaign. The first two sessions were two-parters. The third wrapped up antecedents of the main story arc and in the last third, plotted a hit on a terrorist gathering. There was a one-on-one between me and the GM (Jason) inbetween three and four, and four was another separate episode, involving the recovery of an ancient chew toy from the abandoned, primeval Vargar howeworld. (Woof.)

We must have worked in every dog-person joke imaginable:

[*]Libby: I press on to the temple.
Luke: You can't go in there alone! Not with these predator things about . . .
Libby: A dog's gotta do what a dog's gotta do.
Luke: Now listen, you bitch!

[*]GM: Inside the temple, you see heiroglyphs on the wall. One shows a dog squatting. And on the other side, a dog, lifting its leg.
Luke: Thank god! I brush past the scientist and go to the room with the raised leg.

[*]GM: You walk into a room of many alcoves, each with a three-foot statuette.
Luke: Have the scientist examine them.
Libby: Any matches?
GM: It's not the first one.
Luke: Look at the second one. Is that it?
Libby: (Looks at the GM.)
GM: Her tail starts to wag.

[*]GM: You notice something run past in the hallway.
Libby: Something ran past in the hallway!
Luke: What's that you're trying to tell me, girl? Danger? In the hallway? Aw, that's a good girl.

[*]GM: The backlash from the LAW knocks you flat on the floor.
Libby: I bite into his collar and drag him to safety.

[*]GM: The chameleon-suit alien assassin throws you into the wall.
Libby: When he comes near, I lift my leg and pee on his ankle, short-circuiting his reflecto-field.
[/list:u]

We're gonna be doing WoD next. Without vampires. Don't ask me how that's going to work; it's Luke's thing. I admit my curiosity. Cory has vowed to make his nightclub owner (in WoD) make his power-mad, retired professor (in Sorcerer) look like a Sunday school teacher.

And then . . . (hear crowd roar and trumpet fanfare) . . . Burning Wheel, featuring yours truly, at the helm.