News:

Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.

Main Menu

Great look to the Forge

Started by Valamir, January 26, 2002, 12:45:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Valamir

I had taken a break from on line activities for a good month or two (including the Forge).  When I came back the Forge was brand spankin new.  New look, new features, new interface.

Well, I've had a chance to poke around for a while now and just wanted to say...very slick.  Kudos to all who did the labor, whom I suspect is primarily Clinton.  Great Job.

Couple of small items to add to the wish list.
1) is it possible for the Member List to save for each each our prefered sort choice.

2) could the link to the forums from the front page be moved to the top (or a new one added) so I don't have to scroll down to click discussions (or is there one already that I'm missing).

Thanks for the effort it takes to maintain this place.  It remains one of my favorite stops on the Information Superhighway.

Clinton R. Nixon

Quote from: Valamir
Well, I've had a chance to poke around for a while now and just wanted to say...very slick.  Kudos to all who did the labor, whom I suspect is primarily Clinton.  Great Job.

Couple of small items to add to the wish list.
1) is it possible for the Member List to save for each each our prefered sort choice.

2) could the link to the forums from the front page be moved to the top (or a new one added) so I don't have to scroll down to click discussions (or is there one already that I'm missing).

First, thanks. It's been a lot of work and I appreciate all the thanks I get.

As for your suggestions:

1) This could be possible. I've been extremely loathe to recode anything in the forums so far. I'm using open source forum software, and it's actually in beta - a very stable beta - and so I'll be upgrading again when the new release is out. When I upgrade, all my changes to the code will be wiped out, and I'll have to apply them again, which may or may not be problematic depending on how much changes with the upgrade. I'll look into this suggestion and see what I'd have to do.

2) I think it's a good suggestion, but I don't think it'll be implemented (unless Ron beats me or something.) I really want people to focus on the other aspects of the Forge besides the forum, and I think by putting the forums first in the feature list on the front page, people won't even look at anything else.

I think it's a good question to raise, though - how do people feel about the rest of the Forge? Why aren't people really contributing to the Resource Library? Is there a way I could integrate things more and help everyone use all of the Forge's features better?

-Clinton
Clinton R. Nixon
CRN Games