News:

Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.

Main Menu

Can I...

Started by damiller, October 30, 2004, 12:53:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

damiller

I was wondering if this would be the appropriate board here at the Forge to let people know I am wanting to run a PTA Rockford Files Play By Post over at RPG.net?

If this is the wrong place delete this post please.

If it is not, please let me know of your interest.

d :D

Matt Wilson

Hey Darrell:

Sorry I never responded to this. If it gets off the ground, please post about it in Actual Play if you have the time. I'd like to see your interpretation of the show with the game.

damiller

http://forum.rpg.net/showthread.php?t=154258

Finally I have some takers, watch there for the development of our series (YOOHOO FINALLY!) and I will link later once we start playing.

d :D

DannyK

Well, we haven't played yet, but the game has transformed how I watch TV.  I rented a couple old episodes of Rockford Files as homework; in one of them, the guest star (Tom Selleck as the Private Eye who's much better at everything than Rockford is) does EVERYTHING in the episode -- finds the clues, beats up the bad guys, gets the thanks.  Meanwhile, Jim Rockford is acting like a sidekick, following the other guy's lead and wisecracking.  

So, after reading PTA, I'm like, "wow, Rockford got a Screen Presence of 1 for this episode, and he's being really good about it."  That was cool.  I'm slowly watching my way through all 7 seasons of Buffy, and I'm going to be picking out Issues and spotlight episodes as I go.  There's something very cool about a game where watching TV counts as prep work.