News:

Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.

Main Menu

2 New Organization Ideas for 9 Worlds

Started by Pilgrim, November 02, 2004, 04:36:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pilgrim

Argus: Where Zeus has Aegis, Hera has Argus, its slightly nicer more public cousin agency. Named for the legendary watchmen, Argus is a public police and safety agency, with a peacock fan based badge. While Aegis has assumed a more public role at Argus' expense (indeed much of Argus' budget and many of its agents have been drafted into Aegis' ranks), Argus is a bit more popular on Jupiter for its role of protecting the public. The reality is more complex than that, since the agency frequently works hand in glove with Aegis on many matters, as well as Aegis current dominance over them.

Mamertines: Named for the old priests of Ares (or Mars), the Mamertines are the elite special forces of the Martian Legion. Ares gives them all of the difficult, dirty and deniable jobs of the Legion. Given their elite status they are very well trained and much better equipped than your typical Legionnaire.

Thoughts?
--
Bowden "Trey" Palmer | trey DOT palmer AT Golf Mike Alpha India Lima DOT Charlie Oscar Mike
Exos integro, sugiliato curatio, y femellas amo cicatrix.

Matt Snyder

Those are great ideas, man! Definitely fitting for the setting. I really like both ideas. The play between Argus and Aegis is great. But, something about the Mamertines really grabs me. Verycool.

Want to take a stab at creating a character and/or Talisman or two? Don't forget those ever-important Muses!
Matt Snyder
www.chimera.info

"The future ain't what it used to be."
--Yogi Berra

Ron Edwards

Hello,

Oddly, you have hit upon the exact two concepts that grabbed me in prepping for some Nine Worlds play: the mythological character of Argus and the elite/black-ops Martian troops.

Best,
Ron

Pilgrim

Glad I came up with something interesting. The earliest I can get to the talismans, characters and muses will be this weekend - I've got a new job and its nice not being under employed like I was.
--
Bowden "Trey" Palmer | trey DOT palmer AT Golf Mike Alpha India Lima DOT Charlie Oscar Mike
Exos integro, sugiliato curatio, y femellas amo cicatrix.