News:

Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.

Main Menu

Supernatural Threat/Horror: Melka the Tooth Maiden

Started by urbwar, December 12, 2004, 05:20:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

urbwar

Melka the Tooth Maiden

Concept: Melka is inspired by the Tooth Fairy from Darkness Falls (not a great movie, but a decent idea for a supernatural threat).

Motivation: Melka tests children to see if they can be obedient to the wishes of their parents. Those that are find themselves rewarded, waking to find a coin under their pillow (taken from her many adult victims). Those that fail are carried off, never to be seen again.

Physical Description: Melka appears as a woman wrapped in tattered black robes. Her face is covered in a porcelain mask of pure white, with her piercing blue eyes almost shining in the dark. Patches of blond hair can be seen behind her mask at times.

Mark: Melka's Mark is the odor of burned flesh that emanates from her body.

Powers:
1) Attack, Physical (Clawed Hands)
Instant, Others

2) Glamour (Darkness)
Permanent, Self

3) Immunities (Unblessed Weapons)
Permanent, Self

4) Immunities (Disease)
Permanent, Self

5) Immunities (Old Age)
Permanent, Self

6) Immunities (Poison)
Permanent, Self

7) Marks (Odor of Burning Flesh)
Permanent, Others

8) Movement (Flight)
Permanent, Self

Weakness: True Weakness (Melka is vulnerable to being burned by one who escaped her punishment as a child)

Traits: Power Rank [7] Cunning Rank [8]

Vitality: 17

Wake: Melka's wake is the chill breeze that announces her presence to those she comes to in the night.

So what does everyone think?

I have to say that I love how simple these rules are. I need to make some more critters now :)
Join the Buffy Rpg Mailing list:

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/btvsrpg-eden/

urbwar

Ok, made some changes, as I forgot to include a movement power to and from her own little pocket dimension of darkness...

Melka the Tooth Maiden

Concept: Melka is inspired by the Tooth Fairy from Darkness Falls (not a great movie, but a decent idea for a supernatural threat).

Motivation: Melka tests children to see if they can be obedient to the wishes of their parents. Those that are find themselves rewarded, waking to find a coin under their pillow (taken from her many adult victims). Those that fail are carried off, never to be seen again.

Physical Description: Melka appears as a woman wrapped in tattered black robes. Her face is covered in a porcelain mask of pure white, with her piercing blue eyes almost shining in the dark. Patches of blond hair can be seen behind her mask at times.

Powers:
Instant, Others

2) Glamour (Darkness)
Permanent, Self

Permanent, Self

4) Immunities (Disease)
Permanent, Self

5) Immunities (Old Age)
Permanent, Self

6) Immunities (Poison)
Permanent, Self

7) Marks (Odor of Burning Flesh)
Permanent, Others

8) Movement (Flight)
Permanent, Self

9) Movement (Pocket Dimension)
Permanent, Self

Weakness: True Weakness (Melka is vulnerable to being burned by one who escaped her punishment as a child)

Traits: Power Rank [8] Cunning Rank [9]

Vitality: 18

Wake: Melka's wake is the chill breeze that announces her presence to those she comes to in the night.

Keith Senkowski

Hey,

Yeah that movie sucked balls, but your inspirted threat is creepy.  She would be a bitch to deal with in a game.  Kids disappearing in the local villages.  The characters finally figuring out the common issue between them all after several failed traps.  Setting up a trap and finally trying to thwart her and maybe learning that she has to exist to maintain some sort of sick natural order.  If they kill her they have to find a replacement...

One thing, the Mark of a Threat and the Marks Power of a Threat function differently.  Check out my answer on this thread...

Keith
Conspiracy of Shadows: Revised Edition
Everything about the game, from the mechanics, to the artwork, to the layout just screams creepy, creepy, creepy at me. I love it.
~ Paul Tevis, Have Games, Will Travel

urbwar

Quote from: Bob GoatHey,

Yeah that movie sucked balls, but your inspirted threat is creepy.  She would be a bitch to deal with in a game.  Kids disappearing in the local villages.  The characters finally figuring out the common issue between them all after several failed traps.  Setting up a trap and finally trying to thwart her and maybe learning that she has to exist to maintain some sort of sick natural order.  If they kill her they have to find a replacement...

yeah, it would be an interesting situation to deal with.

The way I see her operating is that she appears where a child has placed a tooth under their pillow. If they did what their parents told them, and are asleep, she leaves a coin, taking the tooth with her. If they try and get a peek at her, she takes them away to her pocket dimension, and the the parents find their child gone, the tooth still under the pillow.

Quote from: Bob Goat
One thing, the Mark of a Threat and the Marks Power of a Threat function differently.  Check out my answer on this thread...

Keith

Yeah, I saw. I am going to make one more revision, and remove that one power. (which means an adjustment of the vitality levels once more). Won't be too big of a change, but at least it will be correct

urbwar

Ok, now that the issue of Marks has been clarified, here is the final version of Melka!

Melka the Tooth Maiden

Powers:
Instant, Others

2) Glamour (Darkness)
Permanent, Self

Permanent, Self

4) Immunities (Disease)
Permanent, Self

5) Immunities (Old Age)
Permanent, Self

6) Immunities (Poison)
Permanent, Self

7) Movement (Flight)
Permanent, Self

8) Movement (Pocket Dimension)
Permanent, Self

Traits: Power Rank [7] Cunning Rank [8]

Vitality: 17