News:

Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.

Main Menu

SimplePhrase Press Goes Away

Started by ethan_greer, January 12, 2005, 02:12:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ethan_greer

Hi folks,
The past year has been, shall we say, interesting for me. Many things in my life have changed, mostly for the better.

One thing that has changed is, it is no longer my desire to sell games under a publishing imprint. Therefore, SimplePhrase Press is going away. The website will revert back to what it was before I started: my personal pages.

With SimplePhrase Press no longer being a thing, this forum becomes inappropriate. Therefore, Clinton will be moving it to Inactive land shortly. (As such, there's not much point in replying to this thread.)

What does all this mean for my games? Well, the good news is they'll be a lot easier to publish if I'm not charging money for them. So we'll be seeing both Thugs & Thieves and Chamber perhaps sooner than we would have otherwise. I have every intention of seeing these products made public, and I have no reason to think that further products wouldn't be forthcoming after that. Hell, someday I may even decide to try selling games again; far be it from me to rule out the possibility that I'll change my mind. If that ever does happen, it'll be through some other imprint. In any event, all of my free games, past and future, will be available from my website.

I'd like to say thanks to all the great folks here who were so supportive in my endeavor. It has meant a great deal to me. Thanks, Forge.

-e.