News:

Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.

Main Menu

Donjon: Call for artists

Started by Clinton R. Nixon, February 11, 2002, 12:51:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Clinton R. Nixon

I'm the forum administrator and I don't know where to put this. (Maybe a new forum for announcements is in order.)

Anyway, I'm calling for art for Donjon, the game I plan to publish and have at GenCon this year. We're looking at a 96-page 6"x9" book, and I need the following art:

- One front cover piece. This is a full-color (CMYK) cover depicting a fantasy scene set underground. That seems generic - and is on purpose. My original idea was a bizarre combat scene, but realize that most artists have a better idea of what might grab people than I do. Examples of what I might want to see:

- An Indiana Jones-type, in brown cloak and a fedora, a rapier in one hand, lunging at a wicked skeleton covered in snakes, while an acrobatic man in tights leaps over his head, blowing flame out his mouth at the skeleton.

- A big half-orkish looking woman, a sickle in each hand (held like a police baton, with the wooden part against the fore-arm) and in studded leather armor, poised to strike at a bunch of human bandits.

- The same two characters as the first scene, but hanging in an underground chasm. The acrobat is holding on to the edge of the chasm with his hands, and holding on to the Indiana Jones-type's legs with his feet (like a monkey). The Indiana Jones guy is stretching, trying to reach a pile of loot just out of reach in a little side-cavern in the chasm wall, and doesn't see the red eyes inside the cavern.

- Anything else particularly cool.

For this front-cover art, feel free to send me a sketch or whatever to see if I'm interested. You will retain all rights to whatever art I buy, giving me rights only to publish it as the cover of Donjon (or in any promotional material). You can put it on your website, resell it, or whatever else you want. I will be paying $75 for this art.

I'm also looking for interior art. I'm on a pretty extreme budget, unfortunately, but am looking for 10 or more pieces. If interested in doing interior art, just point me to an example of your work. If we decide to work together, the pay will be only $25 - you can feel free to do as much art as you want. (We can discuss higher terms for more art. If you felt like pumping out 10 pieces, I'd be more than willing to pay $75 or so.)

Interior art will be black-and-white, and should focus on an "odd-fantasy" flavor - see any Tim Burton film for examples. You will retain rights to publish the art as above.

In both cases, you will receive credit on the front page of Donjon.
Clinton R. Nixon
CRN Games

James V. West

I have knelt and offered my servies in a humble pm...