News:

Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.

Main Menu

Twisted News

Started by Lxndr, January 20, 2005, 06:26:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lxndr

Hi!

This is the Twisted Confessions news/updates/announcements thread, which is long overdue.  I don't plan on being a one-and-a-half hit wonder, and while upheavals in my life (motorcycle theft, job change, motorcycle accident) have caused delays in production, they're only temporary.

That said, I am currently typing one-handed, and am relying on the kindness of others to even get me to work and home, which has lengthened the time I spend at work/commuting, and also the time it takes me to communicate my ideas in the method most responsible for my muse - typing.  At least, being left-handed, I can write my ideas, but it's a learning process to go back to that after so many years typing.

So, in the short term I'd like to get Frigid Bitch expanded, streamlined and out the door.  In the longer term, I think I'm going to focus on Shangri-la, while working on my minisupplements.  Look for more posts in the coming weeks.
Alexander Cherry, Twisted Confessions Game Design
Maker of many fine story-games!
Moderator of Indie Netgaming

Lxndr

http://www.primevalpress.com/articles/interviews/cherry

The newest interview with me.  Yay!

Look for a post in here soon about the project that I'm pretty sure I will be working on.  Right now I think Frigid Bitch will be taking a back burner, and also Shangri-la until I untangle a particularly nasty thing.

I'll probably be posting about both Shangri-la and my new project relatively soon.

Lxndr

http://www.twistedconfessions.com/files/shang.pdf

Shangri-la, the long-standing Twisted Confessions project, is almost ready for playtesting.  Read the online pdf file and supply your comments in the Shangri-la thread!

Lxndr

New Fastlane Actual Play! - The Shop

http://forum.rpg.net/showthread.php?t=204212
http://www.indie-rpgs.com/viewtopic.php?t=15907

-----

In other news:  I've lost a job, got a job, gone back to University, quit the job to focus on University, and now seem to have finally found a balance in my life that will let me return to my work on Shangri-la.  Expect new stuff soon, I hope.

Also, July 21-24, Twisted Confessions will be at Phoenix Congaming.  This is the first year this convention exists, and it is setting itself up to be the eventual replacement, or at least strong competition for the other local RPG convention, Hexacon.  I really like the way Phoenix Congaming organizes itself, so it's my choice this year.

I'll also be representing Indie Press Revolution and so will be carrying anything they send me, likely parts of all their products.  And they have a pretty good selection.  So, yeah.  That's the news.

Lxndr

As of August 2005, Snowball is now available in French, thanks to Cedric Ferrand of Montreal.  Download the French copy, called Boule de Neige, now!

Lxndr

Lxndr

Well, I've forgotten about this thread for a while, but I've been making posts about other stuff.  Here's the summary, in no particular order.

• I had a brain tumor, and I had it removed, in June of 2007. It cut short a study-abroad session in Spain and will likely cause financial troubles for years to come.  Hopefully, the money in the business account can just sit there and fund business expenses like always.
  • Returning to the university had the opposite effect of what I intended.  Though I didn't stop, I slowed down rather than sped up. That said, I am learning things that will help.
  • Shangri-la is again back-burnered.  My new top projects are getting a revised printing of Fastlane out the door, and working on a new game currently called Ensemble, in production since 2006.
  • I will be at GenCon this year, though not in any official capacity.  Also, there will be a roulette wheel there.  Imagine the possibilities!

Lxndr

Alexander Cherry, the owner and operator of Twisted Confessions, will be undergoing abdominal surgery on December 31, 2008 (with a likely subsequent lung surgery in January of 2009). The hospital where he'll be recuperating is St Joseph's Hospital in Phoenix, Arizona - where the internet access is poor (and where doctors are likely to restrict laptop access for a while, given that the incision will be happening on the abdomen, where a laptop would sit).

Contact information is available here:

St. Joseph's Hospital and Medical Center
350 West Thomas Rd
Phoenix, AZ 85013
(602) 406-3000

Lxndr

Tuesday last (so, not the 31st, but the 24th) I "graduated" from my radiation treatments. I'm still feeling weak and fatigue-y. But I'm better. That was treatment for the brain tumor. I won't find out how well they worked until I get an MRI later this month, and see my neurologist.

The surgeries in January were treatments for the metastasis that happened from my testicular cancer - it spread to my lymph nodes. There was a big one behind my duodenum (my back, in that area, still smarts) and a smaller one behind my lungs (sometimes I get twinges in my upper back or my ribs). But in theory I'm mostly okay there, and I'm "cancer-free" as far as that particular cancer is concerned. I won't call it remission yet, and the doctor's avoiding the word, but my mother likes throwing it around like it was candy.

I also lost access to state health insurance as of yesterday. My "income" was too high. Let it be stated that my only income is Social Security Disability. Sometimes, the government(s) don't make any sense to me. But now I'm worried about even considering a part-time job (as I do not feel well enough to do a full-time job yet).

But I'm moving around again, even driving. I'm even somewhat thinking again, starting to tackle writing projects when I'm not resting my eyes. I probably have a long way to go in the mental department before I'm good again, they say it takes years before you feel "normal." I'm getting there, I suppose. Day by day. Someone remind me why I'm doing this again? ;)