News:

Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.

Main Menu

[Timestream] Last Round of Playtests

Started by Nathan P., January 24, 2005, 08:09:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nathan P.

Heya,

So I'm in the final round of playtesting for Timestream. I managed to dig up some independent playtesters, which is way exciting. I also finalized a final-playtest-before-layout draft, which is going to be available to playtesters only.

If you're interested, shoot me a PM or email (webmaster -at- hamsterprophetproductions.com). Here's some cool things about Timestream to pique your interest:

* It's a fairly high-concept simulationist take on time travel, designed to create a cinematic story-telling experience. It's not about worrying about paradox or keeping track of every action - its about telling a cool story about people who can twist, spindle and mutilate time.

* The game features not only Time Travelers, but also Temporal Manipulators (who can pause, loop and otherwise mangle time as it moves about them) and Thralls (who can both Travel and TM, but are under the command of another). Cool!

* Strong GM-Player interaction and shared narration and story-building.

* Simple, strong dice mechanic.

* Extremely dynamic character change and evolution.

* Free PDF of the published game for those who give useful feedback (more than "Dood this sux" or "Dude this roxs", basically).

* My pledge to give you the same level of feedback you give me. You read it and send me your comments, I'll do the same. You play mine, I'll play yours.

So yah. Hit me with any questions or comments. Rock on.
Nathan P.
--
Find Annalise
---
My Games | ndp design
Also | carry. a game about war.
I think Design Matters