News:

Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.

Main Menu

A quick "thanks"

Started by jonsan, January 28, 2005, 12:38:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jonsan

I began playing in formalized role-playing at the tender age of 8, over 17 years ago. Since then I have alternately immersed myself in the hobby or abandoned it entirely. I no longer have the time to play or coordinate long running games, but I do enjoy designing settings and systems. My involvement in the hobby has become largely academic, but that suits my needs.

Now, to the point. Thank you! After roaming the web and lurking around many forums, I finally found a most valuable resource. The Forge impresses me as a group of intelligent adults defining terminology for conversation, developing meaningful paradigm's for discussion and application, and treating their hobby and business (and thus their time) with respect. My hat is off to Ron Edwards, Clinton R. Nixon, and the numerous folks whose posts I found enlightening. I look forward to exploring the site further and getting to know the locals.

Jonathan
Toothpaste is not a snack.

clehrich

Welcome to the Forge!

After that post, the basic welcome hardly seems sufficient, actually.  I'm sure I speak for everyone in hoping that you continue to find the Forge useful and stimulating.

And thanks for your generous post!
Chris Lehrich

xenopulse

Welcome to the Forge, Jonathan.

As a relative newbie around here, I can tell you that you will definitely find lots more to learn and ponder. Enjoy!