News:

Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.

Main Menu

Capes is now on sale

Started by TonyLB, January 31, 2005, 12:27:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TonyLB

Specifically, at the site you can PayPal me $10 for the PDF copy, if you want.

You cannot (yet) go to Indie Press Revolution for the much better deal on getting the Print and PDF together for just five dollars more.  But that's in the works too.  You folks who actually want a good deal (and if you buy Conspiracy of Shadows, or most any other game from IPR at the same time you get free shipping too, so the deals don't get much better) will just have to show a little more patience.
Just published: Capes
New Project:  Misery Bubblegum

John Harper

WOOO HOOOO! Capes for sale!

Congratulations, Tony. Your speed and artistry from first idea to real product are an inspiration. I'm snatching up the print version the second it's available.
Agon: An ancient Greek RPG. Prove the glory of your name!

Ben Lehman

Can I pre-order so I can have print version #1?

yrs--
--Ben

TonyLB

I will, if you like, print "#1" inside your copy, but it won't be the first one I sold.  I officially premiered it at Dreamation, and sold eleven copies there.

Brennan Taylor

The Muse of Fire page will be up at Indie Press Revolution within the next couple of days. I will post to this thread when Capes is available for sale.

It was great meeting you this last weekend, Tony! I had a blast playing this game. Both of the characters I played took about 5 minutes to conceive and create, and they were both awesome.

Andrew Morris

Tony, I'm glad I had a chance to meet you and play Capes at Dreamation. I will definitely be rounding up a few people to play at some point. My friend who we played the demo with was really impressed, and she wants to give it a try.

I believe I mentioned it to you at the convention, but I'll say it again for everyone else -- I honestly didn't expect much from Capes (mostly because I've never really liked superhero games), but I had a blast. Character creation was super-fast (as in one minute, tops) and yet the characters were engaging and fun to play. The mechanics take a little getting used to, but that only took about a half-hour of play. So, even if you're not a fan of superheroes, you should at least check out the free version and give it a whirl.
Download: Unistat

TonyLB

Yay!  Just a little while!  It was great meeting you too.  

I was totally in a quandary after I posted this thread, because I said "Man, is this gonna sound like it's at all Brennans fault that IPR isn't selling them today?"  So, just to make it clear:  This delay is all my fault.  If I'd been on the ball about getting material to them, I have absolutely no doubt that IPR would have had their part of the web-site done before I had the PDF ready.  But I was a flake, because I was going crazy preparing for Dreamation.

red dragon

How do I buy the pdf version of Capes? I followed the link to your web site but can find nowhere to buy Capes. I could not even find your email address - using that I could pay. Help!!

TonyLB

Oh!  This may indicate a problem with the website.  That would be bad.

Can I ask for your help?  I'm going to give instructions that might seem insultingly specific, but it's purely so that, if one of them fails, you can tell me exactly where.  Then, when I know what you're seeing (as opposed to what I'm seeing) I can work on fixing it.

[list=1][*]Go to: http://www.museoffire.com/Games/
[*]Around a red and white flying woman logo, there should be four greyscale icons:  "About the Game" and "Downloads" on the left, "Order" and "Talk in Forum" on the right.
[*]The "Order" icon should have nothing over it (specifically, the overlay that used to say "Coming Jan. 31" should be gone)
[*]Click the "Order" icon.
[*]You should get a new page:  http://www.museoffire.com/Games/order.html
[*]There should be a large header:  "Buy the PDF"
[*]Under that header there should be a link to the Forge Bookshelf
[*]Visit that link if you need to create a new account
[*]Under that link should be a "Buy Now" button
[*]Clicking that link should bring you to a PayPal page, listing the Capes PDF.[/list:o]Is it possible for you to follow those instructions?  If not, where do they break down?

Andrew Morris

Tony, I just checked the link, and it seems to work fine for me, right through step 10. I'm thinking this was either a temporary problem, or something wrong with the poster's computer.
Download: Unistat

red dragon

Okay, I'm back from work. This morning, some 9 hours ago, when I went to your web site to buy Capes the 31st January was still over the order picture and one could not click on order. Now I have just gone back and 31st January has disappeared and I was able to order. Over to you to authorize my acount at the Forge bookshelf! As to why I could not order this morning I don't know. Perhaps my computer was loading the page from memory? Looking forward to receiving Capes!!!

red dragon

Okay, I've got it!! Now how do I print the beastie? I don't fancy printing it onto 160 pages. When I go to print my printer does not give me the option of printing 2 pages to a sheet, which would be my preference. Mmmm.

TonyLB

In Adobe Acrobat you have the option of printing all of the even or odd pages.  So here's the method I used, while I was proofing:[list=1][*]Print page 12.[*]Go to your printer and try to figure out which way you need to flip that page before putting it back into the paper tray[*]Print page 11.[*]Look to see whether "up" on one side is the same as "up" on the other.[*]Repeat steps 1-4 until you know which way you need to flip the paper.[*]Print all the even pages (80 pages total)[*]Flip the entire stack correctly and put it back in your paper tray[*]Print all the odd pages.[/list:o]You can also print it in smaller chunks (like twenty pages) if your printer is such that eighty pages won't fit in the output hopper.

TonyLB

Oh... oh, you meant two pages on one side of a single piece of paper, right?  Hrm... interesting.  I'll look in to that.  I sort of assumed that people who wanted a printed copy would buy the print copy, but that may have been discounting the ease of PDF sales for international customers.

red dragon

Thanks for the reply, Tony. I already know how to print the 160 pages double-sided. Sorry if I was not clear. I was hoping that there was a clever way to cut the total down! By the way, nice layout!