News:

Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.

Main Menu

I dont have any skills. girls only like guys with skills...

Started by zobmie, February 27, 2005, 10:57:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dr. Velocity

Glad I was able to help, though as noted, that list is years out of date for some skills.

I also mostly used it as a reference and starting point for various ideas I was brainstorming, and it did provide some usefulness and I could help remind myself of something else I was thinking of as I looked through it again ("Oh yeah, I was gonna figure out how to include Surgery"). I guess thats the sort of thing you do when you collect rpgs for their mechanics and lists and not necessarily to play them.
TMNT, the only game I've never played which caused me to utter the phrase "My monkey has a Strength of 3" during character creation.

Joe J Prince

Bo staff skills
Nunchucks skills...

sorry, couldn't resist :-)

Garbanzo

I notice that Dr. Velocity's list doesn't have the essential "Hard-Hat Diving," something which is covered by Kromm's List (http://www.sjgames.com/gurps/krommlist.html).

Kromm's List is a summation of every skill, advantage, and disadvantage ever to see the light of GURPS.

Just chucking another log on the fire,
-Matt

zobmie

Quote from: GarbanzoI notice that Dr. Velocity's list doesn't have the essential "Hard-Hat Diving," something which is covered by Kromm's List (http://www.sjgames.com/gurps/krommlist.html).

Kromm's List is a summation of every skill, advantage, and disadvantage ever to see the light of GURPS.

Just chucking another log on the fire,
-Matt

oh man... thats good stuff
thanks!

zephyr_cirrus

Of course, if you want the majority of your players to care about your game and use the majority of your skills, you could simply write up some rules for skill/advantage/attribute creation and selection, and let all your players come up with all the strange skills/advantages/attributes themselves.  The GM knows the type of setting he wants, and can give the players a synopsis of what kind of game he wants to run (just like every good GM normally would), and let the players come up with their own custom skills.  The GM approves or disapproves of his players' creations, and the players change their characters accordingly.  This allows you to have a limitless amount of skills and still (ideally) have every skill matter, in terms of game mechanics.  Of course, that assumes that the players use all the skills that they choose and the GM uses some common sense to determine which skills would have been available in the setting.
It is the ultimate irony that we all work towards our own destruction.

Jared A. Sorensen

Cribbed from the Dream Park RPG (the best RPG ever written about playing characters playing an RPG):

Unarmed Combat
Melee Combat
Ranged Combat

Athletics
Stealth
Dodge

Willpower
Lore
Tinkering

Yes, there are no social skills. If you have social skills in your game then your game should be about being social (ie: The Dying Earth).
jared a. sorensen / www.memento-mori.com