News:

Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.

Main Menu

[Puddle] Middle Earth game (split)

Started by yellow-sign, March 01, 2005, 11:42:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

yellow-sign

As a player in John's first Lord of the Rings game, I can say that this system was a heck of a thing.  It wasn't really until the third of four sessions that I felt like I started getting into the swing of it.  While I've always been interested in unusual games, this just came at it from an angle I wasn't prepared for.  That said, by the last night, I was really getting into it, but, it ended.  
I would like to try to run Puddle at some point, but finding players who could deal with it will no doubt be a problem.  I can hardly find players who pay enough attention while I'm bashing them over the head with plot devices.
Anyway, a heck of a game, and I hope to use it again one day.

Ron Edwards

Hello,

Welcome!

I've split your post into its own thread, from [The Puddle] Middle Earth game and rules questions, which might startle you at first. It's no big deal.

This thread is a welcome continuation of that older one, so folks, feel free to jump in.

For instance, I suggest that you might find more interest, and more immediate ability, among non-gamers and folks who've only played a little bit, long ago. Do you know anyone who might fit this bill?

Best,
Ron

yellow-sign

Yeah, I wanted to run some Everway at one point, and got thinking that it would be easier to run it for new gamers who didn't have as much number crunching background.  I think that game, along with the Puddle system could be really cool introductions to gaming for the right players.  The trick then becomes one of finding the right players.