News:

Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.

Main Menu

Forgite Dinner in DC

Started by Ben Lehman, March 14, 2005, 07:22:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ben Lehman

Hello everyone --

This Friday, at least four Washington DC area participants from the Forge are going to be getting together to eat dinner, meet each other face to face, talk about games, and probably play some, too.  A great time should be had by all involved.

At least myself (just visiting), Shreyas, Kirt (xiombarg) and Fred (Vaxalon) are going to be present, but we'd like to see you there, too!  If you're interested in attending, either reply to this thread or send one of us a line via PM.

yrs--
--Ben

TonyLB

Cool!  I'll be there.  Ben, PM me the 411.
Just published: Capes
New Project:  Misery Bubblegum

Sydney Freedberg

I'd love to come, if only to agree volubly with everything Tony says, the way I do online.

apeiron

This is Todd (Apeiron).  My full time work has taken much of the steam out of my time/energy to develope games.  Maybe this will energize me.  

i live in Winchester and work in Sterling, so it will be quite a hike for me.  i should know by Thursday if i can make it.

Todd
If you live in the NoVA/DC area and would like help developing your games, or to help others do so, send me a PM.  i'm running a monthly gathering that needs developers and testers.

Shawn De Arment

I would love to join in the fun.
Please PM me the info.
Working on: One Night (formally called CUP)

Nathan

Slap me the info too. It looks like I am free on Friday night.

Thanks,
Nathan
-------------------------------------------
http://www.mysticages.com/
Serving imagination since '99
Eldritch Ass Kicking:
http://www.eldritchasskicking.com/
-------------------------------------------

apeiron

Alas i won't be able to make it tonight.  i'd like to know how it goes.  Make sure you have a great time and make me feel bad about missing it.

If this is something we can do on a saturday/sunday, that would be a great help.  Perhaps meeting at noon, that way we'd have tons of time and work and other things wouldn't be a factor.

Todd
If you live in the NoVA/DC area and would like help developing your games, or to help others do so, send me a PM.  i'm running a monthly gathering that needs developers and testers.

DP

Yes, if such a thing happens again and is set for a weekend, SMH and I might be able to make it up. We're, what, 3 hours away, Loki?

I'd be especially interested if I could find out how the hell to play Capes.
Dave Panchyk
Mandrake Games

apeiron

So who went and what happened?  Give us the debrief.

Ron Edwards

Uh, no. That's not what this forum is for.

Take that to other forums (e.g. Theory, etc) or private email.

Best,
Ron

Scripty

Are there plans for another get-together? I missed this one. (Didn't find the thread until yesterday). :(

I'd like to go, though, if there's another dinner.

S.

Shreyas Sampat

I, too, missed the previous dinner and think we should have another in April.

TonyLB

I agree, to such an extent that I'm going to volunteer to organize (and probably to host).  People who are interested in an april Forgite-DC get-together, drop me a PM.
Just published: Capes
New Project:  Misery Bubblegum

Vaxalon

Tony, I showed Capes to a couple of friends of mine tonight, and they said they want to play again.  Please put me on whatever mailing list you've got going... and expect me to bring three guests as well as myself.
"In our game the other night, Joshua's character came in as an improvised thing, but he was crap so he only contributed a d4!"
                                     --Vincent Baker

Ben Lehman

Guys?  Perhaps we could stop posting to this thread.  If you want to get some sort of regular thing going (which would be a great idea!), I think a new, fresh, stronger, better thread would be the ticket.

It was great to meet you all.

yrs--
--Ben