News:

Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.

Main Menu

Confuse ability & additional victories

Started by Mister Six, March 18, 2005, 04:03:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mister Six

Confuse cancels the target's next action. So what happens when additional victories are rolled?

My thought was to just keep rolling them forward as bonus dice. So:

Round_1 - Bluebottle (demon) vs. Jack (sorcerer)
Bluebottle wins init & (power 8) lays a Confuse on Jack with three victories. Jack loses the action he would have had this round.

Round_2
Roll init, this time Bluebottle gets three bonus dice, wins again & hits Jack with another confuse. This time, 5 victories.

Bluebottle starts Round_3 w/5 bonus dice as Jack's chances circle the drain. And so on. Maybe enough victories could push the Confuse until it lasted for two actions?

My PCs have a date with a mini-horde of possessor demons all armed with Confuse, so I'm curious to see how others would handle it. I figure the bonus dice rolled forward from Confuse would be a nice prelude to a HOP.

Cheers,
Mr. Six

Ron Edwards

Hiya,

I think that's a fine application of the victories ... if it matches your group's general agreement of demonic abilities' "look and feel." In other words, something about the Confuse needs to have an in-game presence, in terms of imagery and how the target is affected, which works to the advantage of the demon.

I do not think that "well, he Confuses him again!" is enough of a link between the two actions (Confuse #1 and Confuse #2) to provide that advantage. Something in-game has to be brought up as a link between them.

Best,
Ron